Chapter EIGHTEEN

Chapter EIGHTEEN

It is not a good idea to go out with my friends right now. Not right after I kissed Theo. I should’ve said no to Izzy when she called me, but I can’t say no to her. She’s like whining when she notices that I’m about to reject the invitation. I haven’t seen them in days and I miss them, but after what I did? I don’t think I can face Theo with an indifferent look on my face.

           In a matter of a second, a warmth crawl up to my cheek, embracing it. I can remember how our lips moved in sync and the way we held on to each other. I know that I’m falling for Theo now, but I still don’t want to believe it. Is that my hormones taking over me now? Am I being the normal girl my mom wants me to be?

           Of course, before I can have a boyfriend, I should fall for someone first. Wait. Is that how being in a relationship is? Falling for the other person first? I don’t know. I simply don’t have any idea and I don’t want to rake my head off thinking about it.

           I grab my sunglass, my phone and get out of my room. I’m wearing a swimsuit inside the white cover-up I’m wearing. I’m going to see my friends at the beach. I put my earphone in my ear and play She looks so perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer in full volume so that I will not hear any noise in the background. Including Theo calling me.

           I gave grandma a call and told her to just stay at Ann’s until dinner then I’m just going to pick her up. She is fine with it, thank God. As I walk out of the house, I see Theo sitting on the couch with the phone in his hand. He hasn’t notices me so I watch him still. His brows  are furrowing at something that is written on his phone. Maybe a not so nice text message was sent to him. Or maybe someone sent him a very ugly picture. I shake my head. Why do I care anyway?

           I continue my way out but then he calls me.

           “Reese, please stay,” he says, with a tone of pleading.

           I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest. “What are you saying? I have to go out to see my friends and I don’t want to be around you,” I answer. It’s kind of harsh to say those words to him but I know that he’s used to it already.

           “What happened earlier—”

           “Was nothing,” I finish for him, cutting him off. I sigh. “Theo, that kiss is nothing. Don’t overthink it. Maybe it was just hormones. You’re a guy; I’m a girl and we’re in a heated conversation and that happened. But I assure you that that won’t happen ever again.”

           It’s kind of different saying those words to him. Actually, I feel like I’m a different person after those words have slipped out of my mouth. I haven’t been in a relationship and saying those words don’t assure him anything. I bet he’s thinking that I maybe falling for him now.

           Which is damn true. Such a shame.

           He looks up at me. “I know there’s something in there now,” he says. His eyes are focus on me, like he is watching my every move. If I move an inch, he will notice and that will give him the idea that I’m getting uncomfortable, which will mean, I do feel something already.

           So instead of looking away, I hold his gaze and match the stare he is giving to me. I won’t let him know the real feelings that I have. No one will know.

           “There’s something in your eyes that tells me you’re feeling something already.” He stands up and heads to where I am. I take a step back but I hit the back of the door right away. He is coming closer and closer and there’s nothing I can do but to…