As she looked into her eyes, her reflection began to waver as the floor under her feet began to shake, making her look around and notice that the building itself was quivering. Without a second thought, she took her a shirt and jacket, and quickly put them on, then grabbed her boots as she holstered her weapons before she stood under the door frame, aware that it was made to withstand earthquakes.

Closing her eyes, she exhaled calmly as she waited for the quake to lapse, allowing her to dwell on her thoughts. Commanding her ears, she asked them to embrace the silence and allow none to disturb her meditation; she admitted that it was an abnormal hour to do that, but her heart felt shaken, questioning her relationship with her father.

When will I ever feel the love I deserve?

The thought crossed her mind as she tried to find an answer to this question, wondering when was the last time his father showed her genuine affection – a well-thought, heart-felt touch that a normal father would show her daughter – for every little thing she does; she does not quite understand why does he treat her so, like she was not even of his flesh nor his blood.

Everything he asked of her, she did without question or even asked for a reward. Even the tiniest of request she would do so, even lay her life for him, she would; anything in the world he would ask – even the life of the person she held ever so dear – she would give him, but no person existed in her life existed; none who would stay long enough to be cherished.

As the earthquake finally ceased, she took a deep breath and placed the blood stained towel in the sink, then soaked it in water before she exhaled deeply and returned to bed; her thoughts had exhausted her body and left her urge to finish the hunt into nothing.

Turning the television on, she listened to the news and listened to their opinions, only to find them boring and nothing of interest. Leaving it on, she lie sprawled on the bed and tried not to let the anxiety in her chest take over her mind; the hunt must continue despite the unnatural occurrence of these earthquakes.

"Those things has been occurring for almost two weeks now."

"What is causing those tremors anyway?"

"Haven't they found the epicentre yet?"

"Is the world coming to an end or something?"

Listening to the thoughts of the newscaster, she merely sighed out loud as she attempted to get up, but her body feeling dejected from her father, did not allow her to do so. The nightlife below was bustling with every trade possible – food, drinks, music, and even the unethical trade of pleasure. It all had an allure to them, but Alexis was simply not interested; all she wanted from this town was to catch her prey and be over with the hunt.

The night was nearly at its peak as slumber caught onto her; her body wanted to sleep but her father's threatening words stung her body to sit up. Gritting her teeth, she knew not what to do as much as she wanted to follow her father, another part of her wanted to disobey him completely – even if it meant being disowned by him.

What does it matter now? Her main priority was to capture and execute the rogue wolf and nothing more; no merit from him will come of it other than more heartless beating and indifferent conversations born out of a hate she could not understand. Whatever it was, her mission was true and the pride of an assassin within her does not wish to abandon the mission.

Tomorrow for sure, she encouraged herself as she lied back down and closed her eyes, allowing rest to take over her completely. As the first streams of daylight snuck into her room, her arms stretched out to greet the light then sat up with eyes half-lidded; sleep did not wish to part with her as much as she does not wish to part with her bed.