Chapter 1

"Come on Gray wake up! You're going to be late for school!" My mom yells from the bottom of the stairs. I roll out of bed and drag my feet to the bathroom to take a shower. After almost 30 minutes I decide to stop wasting water and get out. While my curling iron is heating up I get dressed into a sea green shirt, black pants, a rose gold watch, and sea green sandals.

 While my curling iron is heating up I get dressed into a sea green shirt, black pants, a rose gold watch, and sea green sandals

I curl my hair and apply light makeup. Once I decide that I look okay I go downstairs.

"Took you long enough." My mom jokes as she hands me a granola bar. She kisses my cheek and I grab my bag and phone then walk out of the house. One of my two best friends, Lexi, is waiting for me in the driveway.

"Heyyyyyyy Grayyyyyyy!" She says when I get in her car, a 2014 Toyota Camry.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Lexiiiiiiiiiii!" I mock her and we both laugh. "Where's Sare?" I ask her, wondering where our other friend, Sarah is.

"She told me to get you first because she was running late." Lexi explains as she backs out of the driveway.

"Poor Sarah." I say and she sticks out her bottom lip and we start laughing again.

"How's Matt?" She asks, referring to my soon to be ex boyfriend.

"Still a cheating jerk." I reply. I found out last week that he was cheating on me with some girl he met at college. He's a freshman in college and I'm a junior in high school, but we started dating two years ago when he was a junior and I was a freshman.

"I'm so sorry. Are you going to break up with him today?" She asks as we pull into Sarah's driveway.

"Yeah. I asked him to get me from practice today so you don't have to drive me home." I say as Sarah gets in the back seat. Lexi immediately starts driving when she closes the door so we aren't late.

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Gray, heyyyyyyyy Lexi." She says. "Are we talking about a certain slug named Matt?" She asks and I can't help but smile at her attempt to cheer me up.

"A cheating slug that's about to be a single cheating slug." I say and fight back the tears. I cried for two days straight and Lexi and Sarah were right by me the whole time. They are truly the best friends I could ever ask for.

"Go Gray! Make sure you tell him off good, for us." Lexi says

"What about you Sare? How's progress with Andy going?" Sarah has a crush on Andy, the halfback on the football team. They obviously like each other but they are both to shy to say anything.

"Same as usual. He flirts with me, I flirt with him." She sighs and I look at Lexi out of the corner of my eye. We've been formulating a plan to get them together since we found out that she liked him.

"I think he needs to grow a pair and just ask you out already. The suspense is killing me." Lexi says and Sarah reaches up and smacks her arm lightly.

"Honestly I wish he would too." Sarah says as we pull into the school parking lot and get out. Half the football team walks up to us.

"Are you girls going to share the field today or are you going to take it over like you did all last week?" James, the quarterback and team captain asks.