Chapter 41: Following the Clues

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely not." I shake my head. "It would be a trap waiting to happen." I glance up at Bobby, remembering the last time we all went to a place surrounded by demons. "Where else has he been showing up?" 

"School, the hospital." Allison answers.

"Hold on, we did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital." Derek announces.

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves." Chris states. 

"What do we do? Wait for him to come find us?" Allison asks. 

"We can't." Bobby says.

"Not if the oni find him when the sun goes down." I agree. 

"Scott's working on that right now, with Kira." The sheriff tells us.

"That's the problem." Bobby starts. "We're all trying to outfox the fox."

A silence comes over the group. "Listen." The sheriff sighs. "I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." Everyone looks around, but I know my answer.

"You know me. I'm in no matter what." I state.

"It wouldn't be the first wolf to run from a fox." Derek says, grabbing a taser.

"Apparently I'm carrying a lightsaber." Chris agrees. 

"You idjits are gonna need me." I hear Bobby mumble, grabbing a weapon.

"Dad, you and Bobby go to the school. Lizzie and Derek go to Eichen. Sheriff, it's you and me in the hospital." Allison instructs. "All meet back at the station." Allison and the sheriff rush out, leaving the three hunters and the wolf. 

Chris grabs a gun before walking out with Bobby. "Making sure you have a few lethal options just in case?" Derek asks with distaste. 

"I like to prepare for the worst." Chris responds before leaving with Bobby.

"Looks like it's you and me, wolfie." I grin.

"Never call me that." Derek rolls his eyes.

"Ok," I pause. "Sourwolf." He scoffs as he follows me towards the school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get to Eichen and I pull out my FBI badge. Derek raises an eyebrow and I scoff. "How else are we gonna get in?" He stays quiet as we approach the front desk. Unfortunately, Brunski, the head orderly, is manning it today. "Agent Delgado, FBI."

"You're not FBI." He sneers. "You're a high school kid with an internship here."

"That was faked so I could see how this institution was run." I say with a sweet smile. His expression drops as I lean in and whisper, "You are going to show us the basement, now, or I'll have you arrested for life on the basis of how you treat your patients." 

He gulps before mumbling, "Follow me." I send Derek a smile before following Brunski. "May I ask what he is doing here?" He motions to Derek and my glare hardens.

"He's part of the ongoing investigation. His involvement is crucial and classified." I say, making his clench his jaw.

We reach a door and he unlocks it. I hold out my hand for the key, which he drops. "Be out soon." He warns before walking away.

Derek walks in first and I shut the door behind us. "Catch anything?" I ask, bored.

"No. Shut up and maybe I will." Derek snaps and I roll my eyes.