Part 30

Days turned into weeks, and Jordan was proving herself very useful around the base. She worked with Ratchet on repairing the equipment and went on patrol with Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Arcee, and Smokescreen when needed. The team worked with Jordan on her fighting techniques and using her weapons properly. In her free time, Jordan just enjoyed going for drives, occasionally letting Arcee and/or Bumblebee tag along. Miko, Jack, and Raf visited as often as they could, always happy to see their robot friends.

One day, Jordan, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead was watching the humans play a video game when Jack turned to look at her.

"So, Jordan," he said. "Have you decided on a new name?"

"I've had a few ideas floating through my mind," she replied with a smile.

"Care to share?" Raf said. "We can help you pick one."

"I'm fond of 'Wildfrost.' Take a little of my name from Wildstrike, but make it original."

"I love it!" Miko said. "We can call you Frost for short!"

"Sounds like you just got yourself a new name, Frost," Bulk said, putting one of his large hands on her shoulder.

"Who's Frost?" Ratchet asked, walking into the room with Optimus and Arcee.

Bumblebee explained happily that Jordan had chosen her Cybertronian name. The three Autobots had smiles on their faces.

"Good choice," Arcee said.

"Indeed," Optimus replied. "Taking part of Wildstrike's name is an excellent idea."

Wildfrost smiled. Suddenly, an alarm went off. Ratchet ran to his computer and looked at the screen.

"Wheeljack and Smokescreen have just reported a Decepticon sighting," he said. "They seem to be looking for something, though that something is still unknown."

"Anyone up for a Decepticon smackdown?" Arcee asked.

"You read my mind," Bulkhead said.

"Open a ground bridge, Ratchet," Optimus ordered. Ratchet nodded and the bridge opened a moment later. "Autobots, roll out!"

The team got their weapons out and ran through the portal, attacking Decepticons that were fighting Smokescreen and Wheeljack.

"Glad you could make it!" Wheeljack said. "What took so long?"

"Name picking," Bulkhead explained, punching a 'Con in the face. "Jordan's now Wildfrost."

"Frost for short," she added, knocking a Decepticon to the ground.

"My congratulations, Frost," Smokescreen said. "You have my official welcome to the team. Now let's finish these rust buckets."