Part 16

Hours later, Miko, Raf, and Jack headed out and went home. Jordan decided that she was going to go rest after all the excitement. After a few hours, she got out of her bed. She couldn't sleep. She had too many questions that needed answers to. She walked out of her room and looked around. It seemed that most of the Autobots turned in for the night. A few lights were still on and she could hear something moving. She quietly walked around the room, looking for the source for the noise. She tracked the noise to the computer. She climbed up a flight of stairs where humans stood so they were about eye level with the Autobots, which was placed by the computer. She smiled when she saw Optimus looking at the screen.

"Late night research?" she asked.

Optimus glanced at her, then back at his screen.

"You should be resting," he said.

"I couldn't sleep. I'm too worked up from the day."

"That's understandable."

"What are you working on?"

"I'm just looking through our files on the Decepticons, trying to find out what they are looking for."

"Would it help if I told you it was big, stoney, and glowing and has the name of Energon?"

He stopped and looked at her.

"What was that?"

"Energon." Optimus said nothing for a moment, then looked back at his screen. "Optimus. What is Energon?" He did not reply. "If I'm the one with all this information, Optimus, then I should know what's going on and what's at stake."

Optimus sighed and looked at her.

"Energon is a substance used by Cybertronians for things like medicine, energy for weapons, ammunition, and equipment. It is also what keeps us alive. It flows through us and allows us to live. And there are different kinds of energon as well, such as Dark Energon, Red Energon, and Cybermatter, to name a few."

"So what happens if the Decepticons get their hands on it?"

"Then they will have an unlimited source of Energon here on earth and be able to power their weapons that will be used against man-kind."

Jordan stared at him.

"Then we have to find it before they do," she said. "The world's depending on it."