Part 24

"Move!" Jordan shouted.

She pushed the others, trying to get them away from the Decepticon leader.

"You cannot out run me, humans," Megatron said.

Another bridge opened to their right. The Autobots hurried through.

"They won't need to, Megatron," Bulkhead said. "We just have to stop you."

Megatron laughed, sending chills up Jordan's spine. More Decepticons came through the ground bridge.

"Get the human!" Megatron shouted.

The Decepticon warriors rushed forward, trying to get to Jordan, but the Autobots stood in their way. Jordan watched as the Autobots fought to protect her and the others. Suddenly, the sound of a helicopter caught her ear. Jordan looked up.

That noise can be one of two things, she thought. A news crew or something much worse.

The chopper transformed in the air and dropped down, catching itself on the side of the canyon.

"I hope I haven't been forgotten," the dark purple, black, and gold robot said.

Airachnid.

Airachnid jumped down and looked directly at Jordan. Fear shot through her; Airachnid was going to try and finish what she had started. The spider-Cybertronian quickly made her way towards Jordan, who turned and began to run. Airachnid smiled and lept into the air. She landed in front of Jordan. She shot webbing at her, trapping Jordan against the wall.

"Well, well," Airachnid said, walking up to the trapped human. "Looks like we're back to this again, doesn't it?" Jordan struggled to get free, but the webs held tight. "And now that you've led me to the Energon, I have no further use for you."

Jordan stared as a rock hit Airachnid in the head. The Cybertronian turned around, furious.

"Who dares?" she demanded. Jordan could see Miko and Raf holding stones in their hands. Miko was smirking and Raf looked a little panicked. "You earthlings will regret you ever touched those rocks!"

She lunged forward, but Arcee jumped up and knocked her away. Jack, who was already pretty close to where Jordan was, hurried over to her and tried to tear the webbing away.

"You guy are crazy!" Jordan laughed.

"They're good at that," Jack said.

Jordan could hear footsteps coming towards her. She looked up and saw Megatron walking towards them.

"Jack. Jack, you need to get out of here."

"No. I've almost got you free. One more minute."

"There's no time, Jack. Get out of here!"

Jack looked over his shoulder and saw Megatron approaching. He worked at the webs faster.

"Jack, just go! Now!"

Jack looked up at her, then hurried away. Megatron ripped the webs away easily and grabbed Jordan. He lifted her to eye level.

"You're mine, human," he said.

Jordan glanced to the side. Optimus was coming towards them.

"Let her go, Megatron," Optimus said.

Optimus landed a punch in Megatron's side, causing him to drop Jordan, but Optimus caught her. He quickly placed her on the ground and put his arms up before Megatron could knock him down. Jordan hurried away, but suddenly a giant hand wrapped around her waist. Jordan looked up the arm at the robotic face.

"Got you," Starscream said.

Jordan looked over his shoulder and smiled. Bulkhead came up behind him and punched Starscream in the back. Jordan dropped into Bumblebee's hand. She smiled at him. He placed her on the ground, but stayed by her side. Jordan looked around. Bulkhead was fighting Starscream to their right; Arcee was sparing with Airachnid to their left; Optimus and Megatron fought just behind Bulkhead and Starscream; and Knockout, Ratchet, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, and Ultra Magnus fought Megatron's warriors. It was chaos all around them.

"It's no use, Prime," she heard Megatron say. "You won't always be around to defend the humans. They will fall to us and fear us. We will rule this world. And the Energon will help us do it."

"You're wrong, Megatron," Optimus said. "There will always be Autobots to fight, even after my spark has gone out. You will never conquer this world."

Megatron looked up and smiled.

"Try and protect your humans now, Prime," he said with a dark smile.

He raised his left arm, which had a large blaster attached to it, and aimed at something higher up. His blaster fired and hit something high above Jordan's head. When she looked up, she froze in fear. Dozens of giant boulders were falling down towards her. She covered her head with her arms, trying to protect herself.

But there was nothing she could do. The boulders fell on top of her.