Part 3

The next day, Jordan was released from the hospital. Her dad picked her up and they drove in silence. When they reached the turn that was to go towards their house, Mr. Stone kept driving straight. Jordan looked at her dad, completely confused.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"You'll see," her dad replied.

After a few more minutes, Mr. Stone pulled into a parking lot with lots of other cars. The two climbed out and were greeted by a man with a name tag that read 'Joe.'

"How can I help you today, folks?" he asked.

"We're here to buy a car," Mr. Stone said, smiling at his daughter.

"No way," Jordan gasped. "Are you serious?" Mr. Stone nodded. "Thank you so much, Dad!" She hugged her father.

"Let's get you looking at some cars then," Joe said.

He led the two through the lot, showing them many different kinds of cars. While Mr. Stone talked with Joe about one of the cars, Jordan spotted one just a few yards away. It was yellow with a black stripe down the middle. Jordan walked towards the car and placed her hand on it. An image flashed in her mind of a yellow and black striped car, just like the one in front of her.

"Bumblebee," she whispered, not knowing why she said it.

"Oh, ma'am," Joe said. "I'm afraid that car isn't very good."

"Why's that?" Jordan asked. "It seems fine to me."

"It tends to act up a lot, scaring most drivers."

"What kind is is?"

"It's a Chevrolet Camaro," Joe said.

"What if we were to take it off your hands," Mr. Stone said. "How much would it cost?"

"If you were to take this car, then I'll give it to you for $10,000."

"Then we got ourselves a deal," Mr. Stone said.

The next few minutes was spent paying for the car and Joe handing Jordan the keys.

"Here you go, miss," he said. "Let me know if it works for you."

"I will," Jordan said. "Thank you. Can I take it for a ride, Dad?"

"Sure," Mr. Stone replied. "Just be home by dinner."

Jordan climbed into her new car and waved to her dad as she drove off. She drove out of town and headed to her favorite spot, where she could overlook the entire town and see even beyond that. When Jordan finally reached her look out spot, she turned up the radio and got out of the car. She climbed onto the hood and reclined against the windshield. She closed her eyes, and tried to relax. Suddenly, her car honked. She shot up and jumped off the hood. The door to the drive seat opened. Jordan stared at the car. They car began to making beeping noises at her. It backed up and turned so it could face Jordan head on. Jordan slowly walked towards the car and climbed into the front seat. The door closed as Jordan buckled up. The engine started up and the car began driving.

"Are you alive?" Jordan asked, almost amazed that she was talking to her car.

The car beeped.

"I'll take that as a yes, then."

She looked out the window, noticing they were driving away from town and her house.

"Where are we going?"

The car beeped again and began building speed. Jordan sat back. She noticed a marking on the steering wheel. It looked like a face. The car beeped once more and a green-and-blue portal opened in front of them. Jordan grabbed her seat as the car sped forward into the portal. When they were through, Jordan glanced out the window. She seemed to be in a huge room. The car pulled to a stop and beeped. Jordan could hear large feet coming towards her and the car. A giant robot, who looked to be about twenty feet tall and was red and white, walked towards the car.