Part 1

Jordan Stone and her best friend Caroline Caddle sat an old wooden fence a ways away from Caroline's house. Jordan was a young girl of eighteen with bright blue eyes and shoulder-length red-brown hair. Caroline was also eighteen but had brown eyes and long brown hair. The two had graduated from high school and were now looking for colleges, but were taking their time. They saw no rush to start applying for colleges yet and decided to wait and spend more time at home. As they talked about the new stores that were opening up in the mall, a light caught Jordan's eye.

"Look," she said, pointing it out to Caroline. "What do you think it is?"

"I can't tell," replied her friend.

An object shot out of the light and began to fall to earth. Lasers followed after it, some hitting it, some missing. The light disappear and the object crashed a few miles away from Caroline's home. The girls jumped off the fence. Jordan raced towards their bikes and climbed on hers. Caroline stayed at the fence.

"Aren't you coming?" Jordan asked.

"I don't know," she said. "We don't know if it's safe or not."

"We won't go too close. I promise."

Caroline gave in and climbed on her bike. The two peddled out the the crash sight. It took them almost twenty minutes to reach the site, which was a giant crater with a machine in the center.

"Woah," Jordan breathed.

"Alright," Caroline said. "We've seen it. Can we go? It might not be safe."

Jordan ignored her friend and climbed off her bike. She thought she heard another voice. It was soft and sounded weak. She slid down the crater and moved slowly towards the machine. It was much bigger than her and parts of it still seemed to be moving. It almost seemed to be breathing. Jordan guessed this was where the voice was coming from because it was a little bit clearer now.

"Jordan! What are you doing? Get up here!"

"It's alright, Carrie," Jordan called. Carrie was Jordan's nickname for her friend. "I'm just taking a look."

"Well have you seen enough? I'm starting to get worried."

Suddenly, one of the parts of the machine grabbed Jordan's arm. Caroline screamed. Jordan tried to pull away, but the machine would not let go. The machine looked at Jordan. She could clearly see its eyes glowing through its head. They seemed weak and full of fear. A giant robotic hand reached forward and touched her forehead. Jordan felt a shock rush through her body. Images of giant robots flashed through her head. Some were just images of robots while others were of robots fighting. Them reminded her of 'Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.'

"Autobots," the robot whispered, "roll out."

It left go of her forehead. She yanked away as the robot shorted out and powered down.

"Oh my, gosh," Caroline said. "Jordan, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Carrie," Jordan said.

She looked up at her friend. She spotted her, but she was blurry. Jordan shook her head, trying to clear the image. She felt light headed and weak. Her legs suddenly gave out and her eyes closed. The last thing she heard was cries and running feet.