"Hailey," Katherine spoke before the fae could even knock, "Just come in."

Knob turning, Hailey opened the door and kept her cool, "You look exhausted," she spoke as she walked over and sat next to her, but did not look at her, "But you look like you hardly broke a sweat from all that running."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Katherine replied as snuck a peek at Hailey and immediately noticed the distant look in her eyes, but cannot seem to smell what she felt. It bothered her a little, but tried to mask her feelings, aware that the fae can sense it. "Or did you want to see me sweat?"

Hailey snickered, then smiled, "Maybe I did," then looked over at Katherine, only to remove her arm over her eyes. They looked into each other and she could sense her passion for her riding her cheeks, colouring them in a pale shade of pink. "Or maybe, I wanted to be the one to make you sweat."

"If you can that is," Katherine scoffed playfully as she gave her a warm smile, "I highly doubt you could make me sweat," she challenged as she watched Hailey caress her cheek with the back of her fingers, that almost sent shivers down her spine which somehow made her want to take back her words, but did not.

Hailey tilted her head to the side and allowed her hair to cascade down her shoulders, "I might take you up on that," she giggled lightly as her fingers trailed over Katherine's lips. "But before I do," she spoke as she gently traced her lips with her thumb that seemed to elicit a soft purr from her, "There's something I need to know."

"What is it?" Katherine asked.

Leaning down, Hailey slowly closed the gap between them as Katherine steadily looked her in the eyes, patiently waiting for an answer. There was a part of her that wanted to know and another that did not; she wanted to know because Hailey was her business, but there was a bigger business at hand that she knew not where the boundary lie.

For a moment, the two of them stared at each other right in the eye as though examining its hue. Katherine's former dull grey had softened as much as Hailey's gentle dark ambers have somehow hardened; both of them wondered how so much change within them has happened and the next full moon had yet to come.

Closer, Hailey moved in; her heart unable to hold back any longer. It has been days since she last felt those lips on her and she could no longer stand the distance – no matter how short the distance had been for the past three days. She knew better that something troubled Katherine, but it was well past the prime of admission that she too had her own problems.

A problem named Katherine Wilson.

Heartbeat rising, tensions softening; the room felt hotter than their colliding breaths. Hailey closed her eyes as she pressed further, hoping to feel the lips she so longed. She could feel the anxiety in her build up as much as she could feel Katherine's, aware that both of them had been wanting this for a long time.

"Time for payback!"

The door slammed open and stood behind it was Deckard, his torso showing as much as his six-packs were; his sweat almost glistening. Sighing internally, their lips almost grazed each other, but stopped just an inch apart; Hailey gritted her teeth silently as she pulled back and looked at Deckard over her shoulder without hiding her vex.

"Oh," he muttered as he realised the situation, making him look away but not after shooting Hailey a brief leer, "I didn't know you were here, Hailey," he rubbed his nape in embarrassment before he turned around and held the door knob, "I'll come back later."

With that, he pulled the door to a close and both of them heard his footsteps away. Hailey turned to Katherine and noticed the same embarrassment on her face. It made Hailey wonder why she felt so ashamed, but in front of Jesslyn or Art or anyone else, she did not care about them lip locking before. She can even name several moments where they knew that they were just nearby and did not seem to care; only their feelings were enough to banish the others around them. Yet there she lay looking away sheepishly.