chapter 14

3rd person..

Remus was checking the map, when he saw Ron and peter getting dragged by Sirius into the shack.

He ran, not caring about the map.
He ran to help harry and Sirius.

He was already half way on the grounds, when Severus brought him his regular potion.
When he saw no one in the office, he was going to leave the potion on his desk.

But he saw a map there.
He saw remus running to what he think was the tunnel of shack.
He saw harry and Hermione enter it.

That alone was enough to make him bolt.

In the shack..

"good of you to come for your friend, and not gone to get a teacher

Your father would've done the same for me, Harry."

"and look where it got him, you killed them.
I should kill you."

"I won't refuse, I as good as his as killed them."

The stairs creaked.

"hurry, it's Sirius black. Someone help."

"stupefy"
Came a hasty voice.

Harry was suddenly knocked off his feet, with his wand in his professors hand.

The two men looked at each other.
They were once brothers. Best friends, but it all was ruined, and the rat who ruined it was in this very room.

The werewolf suddenly hugged the animagus.

"he is here, let's kill him."

"NO, I've trusted you, I lied for you.
Don't trust him harry, he is a werewolf and his friend. He wants you dead too."

"1 out of 3. Not on your usual standards.
Yes I am a werewolf, but I've not been his friend. And i certainly don't want harry dead."

"I've trusted you, and all this time you were his friend."

"no harry, but I am his friend now."
"he is the reason, my parents are dead today."

"I as good as killed them, but you have to listen to me. Please hear me out harry."

Truth....just listen when the time comes...every coin has two sides. You were not the target. But yes he wants to kill someone. You are safe, but stay with your friends. You'll know when the time comes!
But if you want my help, pray to ' Perseus ' say you need help, but only if it's a life and death situation.

Harry suddenly remembered the words, Professor jackson told him time and again.

He was thinking of giving them a chance.
"okay, I'll listen to you."

"thank you harry."

"but that doesn't mean I trust you."

"I was not the secret keeper, Peter was. He was in league with voldemort. I thought, that the death eater's would surely come after me, I convinced James and Lilly.
We thought it was the perfect bluff.
The next day Peter was made the keeper.
Not even a day completed, when he sold them out.