#20. Unexpected Traitor.

Saasha was leaning on the pile of papers and behind her was a familiar face. A face Saasha once loved. A face that would make her blush as red as a cranberry. It was Nathan. He was holding a knife to Saasha's throat and looking with pitiful eyes at the befallen Abhi. Crap! I screwed it up! I screwed up everything! Right now I was in complete dilemma. But I was sure Abhi was the killer. Why is Nathan holding Saasha as hostage? As I looked at him with questioning eyes, he too looked at me and winked with a light smile.

"Thanks." he said and walked towards Abhi. He bent down and picked up the mystery bag.

"Trade made unfair, eh brother?" he said and picked up the butcher's knife with a cloth. "Let me make you're life more miserable."

He looked at the knife and mumbled "Guess what will be the headlines tomorrow brother? 'Abhilash kills his adopted sister for wealth....' Ha-ha." He smirked and looked at me. '...and eloped with his girlfriend.' " he added. "Sadly, the truth is , both of them will be dead too!" He sent out a vile laugh.

"Why....why are you doing this? Who are you?" I asked.

"I'll take that as your last wish, even though I didn't ask u to wish. Well... I am Nathan. Illegal son of Mr.Narendran. Sorry... FIRST illegal son of Mr.Nathan , brother of Mr.Abhilash." he said and bowed gracefully. "Let me tell you one thing... I will do anything in this world for money. I think this should very much explain the series of murders. Dad was meeting me at home that day as I summoned him. But he refused to give me the property and so....the end! What else.... It seemed that Saayudh gave you the keys and so with my police influence I followed your actions. Yes. It was I who set people to follow you...not Abhi. Abhi found that out and agreed to get the evidences you collected and trade it with me for Saasha's life. But there! You got in my way again! And I wouldn't like the word to spread in college. So I'll clear the little bit of evidence left. So..bye bye!" he said waving the knife in the air with one hand, the mystery bag gripped tightly in the other. When he realised play was over, he looked at Saasha and slowly walked towards her.

"Are you going to kill her?! She loves you!" I cried.

"Awwww.... Sorry Saasha. I'm committed to money." he said and walked steadily towards her. "Next time choose your love wisely." He smirked.

I didn't know what to do. I grabbed a long metal bar and hit it hard on his arm. I was actually aiming for his head...well...too bad...I'm in BIG trouble now. He slowly turned to face me and smiled.
"Get yourself a Barbie doll to play with. I'm no match, kid." he said and walked towards me.

"Saasha run!" I screamed.

Nathan hurried his pace and walked faster. I turned and ran for life. The sixth grade athletics training really helped me out now. I had no clue where to go. In a hurry I lost my way to the exit. It was then I remembered Abhi. I left him behind. Wonderful! But its okay....duty before friendship. I'll just go out and get help. Somehow...if I find the way out, that is. I turned left and right and realised the place was in knots! Where is every door leading to? It was a maze. I heard Nathan calling out to me. "I'm a Barbie girl, in a deadly world. This is fantastic...the plot is so drastic! You can burn my hair and stab me everywhere..." he was singing.

Stupid guy. Stupid place. Stupid life. Stupid everything! Seriously... I escape this place and make it to college tomorrow....and Mrs.Madhavi will kill me for not submitting my physio record! I kept running though. I took a left because I saw piles of paper to hide behind ...but how unfortunate. It turned out to be a dead end. Holy fish! Okay. So I'm half dead now. I turned back to see if he was coming. He was right there!!! Knife and all!! I tightly shut my eyes and sat down holding my hands in front of me like a shield. As if that was going to help! It was the second time in my life I was afraid to die! I escaped the first...this time I'm DONE! As I waited for the pain to sting me, fear creeped in and tears rolled down my cheeks. I was thinking about my family. The happy times we had together. When the newspaper says Abhi eloped with me its going to break their heart. My mom will think I should have chosen someone cuter! And they will be waiting for my return one day. But their only daughter will be gone....forever.