#13. The true side.

I walked down the streets wondering why Saayudh and uncle had to be murdered. There has to be some reason. And where was Saasha. Who is Chaitanya? Where can I find out about the secret Saasha has been hiding from me? So many questions....one answer. The college educational library where history prevails.

The books on the stands were inviting me to read them but I was now on a mission. I went to the librarian and asked him where the news stand was. Directed to the room where the news papers were, I began my search. Dating from the year Saasha was born I read through all the papers. There was loads of other information.... Murder, suicide, accidents, price hikes, labour strikes and so on. But nothing to help me with the case. Exhausted after a 3 hour search I sat down in a chair near the window to get some fresh air. I looked out and wondered how to carry the case further. The wind was strong and it seemed like it was about to rain. So I got up and was about to leave when the wind flipped the newspaper to a page with Chaitanya's passport sized photo.

It read: 'Merciless murder: love torture.' I continued reading the article and was completely astonished. 'A 16 year old was mercilessly murdered yesterday at 8 pm on the bridge by her stalker aged 16, name Saayudh. It seemed she had been dumping his proposal and he took his chance to take her life....said Chaitanya's younger sister Saasha.' Oh my God! It happened four years ago.... I have to look into this more. Then how are Saasha and Saayudh related? I had many questions that needed an answer. 'The two girls were brought up in an orphanage, Sankara Home, as they had lost their parents in a car accident at a very young age.

Saayudh's father Mr.Narendran, a rich businessman, is disappointed with his son's doing and has accepted to compensate for it by adopting young Saasha and giving her the best education. "She is my family now."he says. But Saasha is thinking twice to accept. " The registration is going to be held soon" says Narendran. Saayudh will have to face judgement coming Saturday.' The article covered half a side. What should I do now? I should probably go to the orphanage and find out more. So I did.

The orphanage was run by a Christian missionary. The Sister who was in charge seemed to remember Saasha.

"Poor girl. She was good in academics and sports. She dances well too. And she was pretty. How unfortunate." she said.

"Yes Sister. And...about Saasha.... What happened after the incident?" I enquired.

"She accepted to get adopted. But she wanted to avenge her sister's death. But I believe after a few days, she set into the family well. And accepted Saayudh as her own brother. I don't think she could have killed Saayudh OR his father." she replied.

"Thank you sister. I shall leave now." I said and got up to leave.

I entered my room which was still empty on Saasha's side. Saasha...I hope it wasn't you who murdered Saayudh and Uncle, I thought. I sat on my computer table chair and put my head down on the table. I decided to surf the net for a while...log into Facebook and relax. As I opened the draw to access the keyboard I was most astonished to see a chain with a heart pendant. And it was mine. Had I not put the chain in the first draw?! And now its here?! I ran to my cupboard and opened the first draw. There it was. The chain. I looked at the two chains. They were both similar , but.... at the backside of one was etched 'S'. Then I realised....that chain that was found with the corpse was Saasha's!!! She had murdered Saayudh!!!