#.18. Escape.

As I was too scared and nervous, I pretended to be busy with Facebook. I was scrolling down my news feed when I saw pictures of Victor and his friends from the magic show. Then I remembered Abhi calling me to find out if I was at the show. Curiosity creeped into me and I wondered if there was anything special about the show. Victor was online and I decided to text him.

'Hey there! Nice pics!' I typed.

'Thanks a bunch! It was awesome ... Why didn't you come?' he asked.

'Because I had to finish my record' I sent.

'Where are you now? Free for a coffee?' he asked.

'Ha-ha. Nopes! I'm at Saasha's house.' I said.

'Awesome. Sleepover eh? And hey... Thanks for the hotspot you gave me in class the other day.' he said.

'No mention bro!' I replied.

'Fine! Let's catch up later then!'he said and went offline.

Now I didn't know where to look. I was again scrolling down my newsfeed. I just didn't want to look up and face Abhi. I turned around a little and caught a glimpse of Abhi. He was chopping and apple with a butcher's knife. Gee... My neck must feel welcoming to that butcher's knife... That thought scared me and I quickly turned back.

It all made sense. Abhi gave me the chain to pull me into this. He asked the butlers to follow me so he can track my location. He never showed up when the police did, always. And now that I have the clues...he is going to murder me!!! Why does my story have a sad ending?!.... AND a sad story line! Gee. Bad luck.

As I was wandering in my dreams, I was startled by a hand touching my shoulder. It was obviously Abhi and he stood there with a plate.

"Take some apples. You must be hungry" he offered.

"No...err..thanks...I'm not hungry." I refused. But my stomach gave away by whining for food. " well... Okay... Maybe little." I said.... And ended up finishing the whole plate. Hey ..come on...if I eat well, I'll have the energy to escape and run!

"Where are you from?" he asked.

"Chennai. You didn't know?" I replied.

"No I didn't. As if you know my history!" he said.

"Oh yea... So where are you from?" I asked.

"Sri Lanka." he said and the first thing that came to my mind was Saayudh's message... 'The sea has been crossed and there will be bloodshed.' This thought just creeped me out. Indeed it was after Abhi joined college that everything started.

I prayed that my brain would shut up and let me live in peace. I put my head down and cried deep inside. Lord Vinayaga...save me and I will break 108 coconuts for you! I thought.
A few minutes later I saw him pack into his bag a few things and was searching for his keys. Apparently he was heading out. Now was my chance! I can escape! And the first thing after I escape, I'll take a look at what I found in Saayudh's room! And tell the police all about Abhi. That cheat! He showed me a fake ID! And what's worse... I fell for it!

Abhi finally found his keys and started to leave. He walked up to me and opened his mouth to speak...

"Yes! Yes yes! Its okay! I can stay here alone... I know that you're very dedicated... Duty before friendship! You go...I'll manage." I said enthusiastically.

"Riiight... Err... I need those things you found." he said and took the bag away from me. "Bye."

Wait..... My precious mystery bag.... My plans! Waaaaiiittt!!! Nooooo!!!! Come back!!!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Hello fellas! Hope you are at the edge of your seats! Keep reading to find out about Abhi. Ciaoo~~