#7. Wandering Mind.

My eyes slowly opened and I saw Saasha next to me. "She's up!" she exclaimed. Uncle and Saayudh peeped in and gave a sigh of relief.

"I'll go get some water for her" said Uncle and hurried off.

"Why did you faint like that?!" asked Saasha worriedly.

"Idiot! How would she know?! It must have been the heat!" said Saayudh. It hinted that he did not want anyone else to know that I was shocked by his sudden proposal.

Uncle came in with a jug and a glass tumbler. He poured in some water and offered it to me. I gulped it down and got off the bed.

"Its 3:45 pm already ...I think we should get back to hostel" I said looking at my watch.

"Yea papa! That burnt chamelion is going to scream her heads off!" said Saasha tightly closing her eyes.

"Burnt chamelion?" questioned Saayudh looking at me. I did not reply. I looked away.

"Yeaa!!! She's the SO of our hostel and sits right at the gate and catches the latecomers....we can't enter hostel even at 6:01! And what's worse... Whatever is the dress you are wearing you can't leave hostel without a dupatta! That woman needs to learn some dressing sense..." complained Saasha.

"Hahaha.... That's her job Saasha." explained her father. "Ok...the car is in the driveway... You girls can go to hostel. Give me a call when you reach."

It was another long drive and Saayudh was silent the whole time. After much efforts to explain why it had gotten late, the chamelion let us in. We have college tomorrow and I have to buy a physiology record. Saasha arranged for two prickers so I need not worry about that. Saasha and I did a little bit of studies and then set to sleep.

We woke up late and had to hurry to college. On the way we bought the records and rushed to the practical hall. Everyone were standing out and were being ordered about by the teacher. We sneaked into the back of the crowd and whispered to one of the girls asking what was happening. She said that they were given new numbers according to the alphabetical order of their name. Luckily my name hadn't been called out. It took a while before I was given my new number. 87....I found 66 better. What bad luck. I was summoned to my seat which was the second table near the window. There were 4 students per table , two on each side of the table. Unluckily my seat was facing the teacher's table. Talking or texting is quite difficult now.

The teacher asked roll numbers 1-75 to go to the biochemistry lab. So only 77-147 were seated in my hall. As the teacher began to explain our first experiment 'Haemoglobin estimation' my mind was running a parallel programme. It was thinking about what the others are doing at the biochemistry lab.... and wondered if Abhilash was there.