#11. Accused.

I stuffed a bag with some pens, a notepad and a camera and hurried out of the hostel room. Before I left I looked back at the half of the room where Saasha used to stay. Empty bed,empty draws,empty cupboard. I locked the door and hurried out of the hostel. It was then that I received a call. It was Abhilash.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm...err..." I knew he will come to know that I visited Saasha's house so its better to let him know. "I'm going to see Saasha and her dad. You know....err...as a friend.... Just a support....she has lost her brother..and uncle has...."

"FINE!!! Geez. I have a work around that place so I shall drop you off. You just wait where you are!" he said and cut the call. I cut the call and turned back to take a seat under the trees. Victor waved from a distance.

"Hey! Are you coming for the magic show today evening?" he asked.

"What magic show? When? Where?" I questioned.

"Magix.... See that poster there? Its a two hour show hosted by our college and all the hostellites are going to watch. Following the show we have dinner arranged outdoors followed by a campfire! Sounds exciting?!? You are going to join us right?" he asked.

"Yea sure..!" I replied. It seemed like nearly an hour after that and Abhi arrived finally.

"I am SO sorry! Was stuck up with some case work. Get on." he said and we left to Saasha's house.

Abhi left me at the gates and went to a nearby village as he had to pick up some information from the local police. He asked me to give him a call when I left. I walked up to the door and rang the bell. No one answered it. I gave a slight push and the door opened on its own. I walked into the silent house and called out for Saasha and then uncle. But no one answered. I walked into the hallway and climbed the staircase. I knew where Saasha's room is. So I decided to peek in. On my way to her room, I had to cross Uncle's room. The bedroom door was wide open and the curtains were dancing with the wind. His shoes were by his bed so I knew he must be home.

"Uncle? Are you there? Its me .... Nina... Hello?" I called out.
Maybe he's in the rest room and didn't hear me, I thought. So I walked up to the rest room door and gave a light knock.

"Uncle?" There was no answer.

I tried opening the door but it was locked from inside. OK...now this is ridiculous. He was inside but he didn't answer me? Was he avoiding me? Hiding from me? If it's not me....was he hiding from someone? Something?

"Uncle its me...Nina... Open the door uncle!" I screamed.

As I kept calling out to him...something cold touched my feet..... And I looked down to find that thought the small gap between the door and the floor there was a pool of blood progressing towards me.

I immediately called Abhi and he came rushing. The police was called for. Soon they came and forced open the door. It was uncle...he had slit his throat and was lying on the floor. I had to stay with the police because Abhi had left to look after certain formalities. He wasn't there when the police came so I had to explain everything to them. Uncle was in his office suit and his socks were still on. This was terrible! They asked me to take a close look and tell me if it was really Saasha's father. I bent down and looked at the corpse. Yes it was him. Wait...what was that in his ears.... A bluetooth device. Why was he wearing it while he suicided? I ran into the bedroom and and looked under the bed, in every nook and cranny to find his mobile. But it wasn't there anywhere. I ran into the bathroom and and looked around. It was then I saw some oil on the latch. I took a close look. Then it struck me.

"It wasn't suicide! It was MURDER!!" I screamed. The police came running. They searched the place and then asked me... "We're you the one to find him first?"

"Yes sir. I was."I said.

"Take her into custody. She's our first suspect!" He ordered.