#12. Trapped.

I was sitting in the police station watching people walk up and down wondering why Abhi hasn't come to take me out yet. Finally after much of a wait I was called for by some higher authorities. They took me to a room where there was a table in the centre and two chairs at its ends. I walked in and the man sitting at the other end asked me to sit down.

"Your name?" he asked.

"Nina." I replied. My hands were shaking. Abhi....where are you?

"What did you see at the house....you can trust me. I will let you go once you tell me the truth." he said. And I told him all that I knew.

"If I were the murderer I wouldn't have told the police that it wasn't suicide,sir." I added finally.

"What made you conclude it was a murder ma'am" he asked.

"Sir...he was wearing a Bluetooth device. His phone was nowhere. He was in his office suit and there was oil on the latch." I spoke. He burst out laughing.

"Ma'am that's ridiculous!! And what do you infer from this?" he asked.

"Suspicion 1: 12 am...office time. And Uncle was at his house. Suspicion 2: he was on a call when he was murdered and his phone is missing. Suspicion 3: his formals were on including his socks....which means he had just come home .... He was summoned there. He had to meet someone there. Suspicion 4: oil on latch. It was a closed room murder. It was made to seem like a suicide. Its easy to explain his intention for suicide... He had just lost his son...." I said.

"Daughter missing....shares down... Company loss..." the officer added.

"Wait....excuse me,what? His daughter is missing?" I asked.

"Yes." he replied.

"Since when?" I surprisedly asked.

"Do I have to tell you? You are a suspect after all." he said and smiled.

"I'll tell you the physics behind the closed room murder in exchange for the info you are going to give me. Deal?" I asked ... And smiled.

"Err... Fine. Since the night her brother died. Now you tell me about the murder." he said.

"Simple. Why was uncle at home during office hours? Because he was meeting someone at home.... Unofficially. He was on a call with the murderer whilst he did not know the murderer was in his room already. Or ... Probably he was trying to call the police for security and so he was killed. But he was casual about the meeting. It was someone he was close with....that's why he didn't care to come an hour early for the meeting. He arrived on point and was still in his office suit. After or during the call , the murderer pulled him into the rest room and slashed his throat, lay him down,applied oil on the latch, tied a string to the movable part of the latch and closed the door with the corpse inside. On slowly pulling the tightly tied string, the latch slides into the lock smoothly due to the oil. When the latch is completely in the lock, further pulling of the string causes untying of the string from the latch due to resistance. And so the string comes off and the door is locked from the inside which makes it seem like a suicide."

"Thank you, miss Nina. We shall tell you if we want some help. You could have become a detective yourself ...." he said.

"Ha-ha.... All books I read are Sherlock Holmes and similar stories. Its natural for me to think this way." I said and left.

Whilst I walked off , the officer in the room got a call "Yes sir... She found out the murder. OK sir. Target heading out sir. We shall watch closely."

------------------
Hey guys! Thanks for reading upto here! And sorry for the delay! Will upload the remaining parts soon.... Keep reading!