#9. New story.

Saayudh came running towards me with the knife, tears in his eyes. I closed my eyes and prayed for a miracle. And sure it happened. He paused a feet away from me and stared wide mouthed into the darkness behind me. Tears rolled down my cheek in fear as I stared at him.

"S... Saash.... aaa. ." He breathed heavily.

I turned to look behind me and there she was ..... Saasha, staring at Saayudh....In her eyes were demand and command expressing themselves.

"Disgrace! Is this how dad brought you up?" she angrily shouted.

"Saasha....sorry! Sorry! This will never happen again. It's a promise, it won't happen." he cried, begged, pleaded.

"Get back. Go." she ordered and he obediently disappeared into the darkness.

I was astonished. Was SHE his elder sister or was HE the older one?! In total confusion I turned to face Saasha with many questions to ask. But she was gone already and it was just me standing in the moonlight.

--------------

The next day neither Saasha nor Saayudh turned up to college. The day was cloudy and I had to walk back to hostel alone. I opened out the umbrella but it was too windy. I decided to wait till the rains subsided a little. I waited under the shade of the carpark. As I did so I saw Victor and Bhuvan under the opposite shades. I waved and they waved back.

"Alone as usual?" shouted Bhuvan.

"What does that meaaaannn?" I shouted against the sound of the rains.

"Never mind!!! Heading to hostel?" he asked.

"Yeah! Waiting for the rains to die down." I replied.

They left soon. And the rains died down too. I started walking to hostel. On reaching the room I found that my bed was the only one there. Saasha had left. That whole day I was thinking about the previous night. How Saayudh listened to her.... how he was afraid of her. Why but? Soon there was a knock on my door. The worker told me I had a visitor. I wrapped a dupatta around my neck and went to the front. A black bike was standing in front of my hostel and on it was Abhilash, helmet under his arm and he was adjusting his hair with his other hand. Gosh....that maggot.... what does he want from me NOW?! I slowly walked up to him and with a tinge of arrogance asked him "What do u want?"

"Ahaaa.... arrogant young woman.... take this." he said and threw something at me.

I caught it and took a close look at it. What I saw made me gape in horror. It was my chain with a heart pendant. But I wasn't horrified because of that.... It was because it was smeared with blood!

"Wh-whaat?! " I exclaimed "where..I mean... you...how?" I stammered.

"Chill. I found this at the park.... along with Saayudh's dead body."

This was NEWS!!!! oh my God!!! But I did not do anything! I'm sure he left before I did! So did Saasha.... probably that's why Saasha left..... but there was no commotion in college about this. Even Victor and Bhuvan seemed to be normal.

"Butterfingers. Don't you know you have to be careful if you want to be a murderer?" said Abhilash as he walked closer to me. It was scary and I kept denying yet he was forcing the crime on me. I cried.

"Aye aye aye! Shhhhh! God! Child. Stop crying. I know what happened there. I know you didn't kill him. That's why I brought your chain here. Listen.... there's a killer in this college. And you have to help me find him." he said.

"Why should I help you?!?! Baka! You scared me..... How do I know YOU aren't the killer?" I said wiping my tears.

"Because. .... I'm from the CBI" he said as he produced his identity card.