#2. Classroom

It was a huge hall that could accommodate over 500 people at a time. A humongous stage with a podium on the right side. The front chairs were occupied by the dignitaries followed by the staff and then the students. Besides the MBBS students there were also nursing and agriculture students in the hall. Saasha was sitting at the edge of her chair and was bouncing up and down. How can someone be so excited all the time? Her eyes were fixed on the podium as a smart young guy adjusted the mike to his tall stature.

"Nina!! Check out that guy! Isn't he cute!!!" she exclaimed, her eyes totally fixed on the dark haired hero.

"Haha... Love at first sight?" I asked her with a teasing glance.

"No man.... Its nothing like that... I don't think I can get any close to him, let alone love!" she disappointedly replied.

"Good morning to one and all present here. I am Nathan, the Students Council President" he spoke.

Saasha tugged at my kurti and bounced harder on her chair with a gleaming smile.

"He's the PRESIDENT!!!"she cried.

The next two hours was tiring with all the dignitaries taking their turn on the mike. Finally we were asked to present ourselves in the lecture hall for commencement of our classes.
Finding our way to the lecture hall was tough as it was our first time here. We took a tour around college before we came to the right place. We opened the intricately carved wooden door and entered the classroom. The professor was already on the stage welcoming students. Everyone turned to look at us which kind of made me nervous. Saasha as usual was high and was smiling harder than usual. Probably she was trying to mask her nervousness.

"Yes girls...come in and take your seats" said the professor.

We had to sit in the first row. Its a disadvantage if you come late. The last benches tend to get filled up first...like in the theatres.

"Welcome students. I am professor Kailash, the HOD of Anatomy department. Let's start off by introducing ourselves" he said.

And so the introduction began. We had to tell our name, place, school, parents' occupation and our hobbies. Then he gave a little introduction about Anatomy and started the roll call.

As he was calling out the numbers we were taking note of our roll number. My number was 66. 6 is my lucky number. I took off into my dreams as to how I started liking number 6 and how lucky it was to me and what all it had done for me. It was then I realised that the professor had been calling out "roll no. 67, Abhilash" for quite a number of times but no one had answered it. I looked around as if I was going to uncover the owner of roll no.67. Of course my attempts were futile. Finally a dark skinned guy wearing a contrasting white shirt stood up and told the professor that Abhilash was attending a karate tournament and that he will be back tomorrow.

"Karate?! Wooow! Nina Nina Nina! I want to meet this guy! I shall force him to teach me karate! Haiyyyaaa!" said Saasha striking the air.
We giggled and waited for the roll calling to get over. Then the class dispersed. We had one hour before the next class commenced. We decided to check out the canteen.