#3. Follower.

It was break time for everyone and the canteen was crowded. Saasha and myself made our way to the counter and ordered an egg samosa each. Saasha also asked for rosemilk. We took our food to a small table and settled down to eat when we heard someone call out to us.

"Oye! Freshers!! Come here!"
Well...it did make me a little nervous but Saasha was already dragging me to them. Untimely excitement. Gosh. This girl needs to learn a lot!

"What is your name and where are u from?" There were 3 guys dressed in decent clothes with a coat over their arm, shirt tucked in,neatly ironed formal pants and black polished shoes.

" Nina, chennai." I inaudibly replied.

"Saasha! Bangalore! At your-" I quickly pressed her hand to signal the she should NOT say 'At your service'.... Really... Out of the million things she can say to introduce herself,she had to choose THIS?!

"Oh chennai? That's cool....I'm from chennai too. Seems like we will get along well." said one of the guys with a warm smile. He was wearing a blue shirt which was open to the first button, khaki pant,black shoes and had his white coat over his shoulder. I hesitantly smiled back and said nothing. The clock struck one and we had to go.

"Umm...we have to go" I said.

"Yes, certainly. Hoping to see you around Ms.Nina. It was nice to have met you!" the guy said. As we walked away from them I felt their stare burn us down.

The next hour was Physiology but my mind was wandering. Why did the seniors have to take so much of advantage over us? They always scared us. Saasha on the other hand was enjoying everything. She was listening intensely to the professor almost as if nothing had happened.
The hour that followed was Biochemistry. As usual we had to give our intro and the professor gave us an idea of what the subject is. Besides that nothing really happened in class.

It was 3 pm and it was time to go to our hostel rooms. Though I had checked in a day ago I did not get a room mate yet. So Saasha decided to move in with me. We walked down the road to our hostel , Saasha trying to balance on the edge of the pavement.

"Yo... What was that guy's name?"she asked.

"Who are u talking about?" I questioned.

"That guy who hit on u man... That smarty from the canteen today!"she said.

" I deny the fact that he was hitting on me...and totally deny the fact that he was SMART!" I replied.

"Awww.. True... He wasn't as smart as my Nathan." she declared.

"WHAT?!?! Oh Juliet....since when did Nathan become YOURS?!" I smirked.
"Forget that,girl! What was your guy's name?! That guy from the canteen?" she enquired.

"He is NOT my guy!" I justified.

"Arjun? Rithesh? Joey? Tharang?" she was totally ignoring my denial.

"Saayudh. My name is Saayudh."said a familiar voice. Chucks! It was him! I slowly rotated 360° to face him with a fake smile.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi. Are u girls heading to ur hostel?"he asked.

"Yes." I said.

"You look pretty tired... How about some coffee? The café is quite close by" he offered.

"Ah...no..its fine...we have to settle a few things..." I began when Saasha butt in and agreed to the offer. Trust me....Saasha has good timing with bad things. And there were two girls and one guy on their way on a coffee date.
I wonder if anything could get any worse ....and it was just the first day. What kind of people does this college have? What kind of people am I going to meet? For now....WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN OVER A CUP OF COFFEE?!?!

---------------------------
Hey guys...since this is my first story it might not be the typical story type..... First few chapters might be a drag but I'm sure the mystery part will have a lot of twists to keep you reading on! So don't give up halfway! And thanks for reading!  :)