"That's a great idea. Go find him and tell him about the change of plans. He needs to get ready".

And that is how Blake got stuck with being Prince Charming while I got to be the faceless narrator. 

It wasn't what I had wanted or expected, but Carlos was right, this was all for my safety after all. The least I could do was cooperate.

Wow. I have a come a long way from when I first got here. I remember not caring about anything. Now, well, now I get it. I was acting like a jerk and I was being an idiot. God knows I don't understand how Liz could've seen anything in me to like me back. I didn't deserve any of her attention. But I'm glad she gave it to my anyways, because this would be a completely different story if she had given up on trying to push the real me out. I would still be the jerk trying to push her buttons while I drowned in self pity and my own bitterness. 

I smiled at the thought.

It seems like even though my life did a 360 degree turn, God is still looking out for me, blessing my life in different ways. I'm still a lucky guy.

All through the play, I narrated behind the curtains. I could see Liz from the sidelines but she couldn't see me. I know she was probably wondering what was going on. We didn't have time to tell her about the changes, the play was about to start when it all happened. She was a good actress though, and even though she must have been confused, she went on as if nothing was happening.

It was when Blake came out that the whole feeling of the play changed. Liz was discretely trying to find her Prince since she didn't know I wasn't going to be him when she saw Blake. I watched a smile spread on her lips at his sight. 

A warm feeling settled on my stomach but I tried to ignore it. Unfortunately, that warm feeling only heated up while I watched them dance and laugh. By the time the kiss scene came on, I was having a hard time watching the whole thing. I didn't know what had come into me. Blake and Liz were best friends. He was that one constant in her life; the one who will always be right there next to her when she needed him... and that's when it all fell into place. I was jealous of Blake. I was jealous of his importance in Liz's life. I was jealous because no matter what happened in the future, he would always occupy an important place in Liz's life. There was no guarantee that I could do the same. 

Whatever Liz and I had, it could end up at any moment.

After I saw them kiss, I went on and narrated the ending of the story, with that concluding the play. Then as soon as the curtains closed, I bolted out of the place. I felt like the air had been knocked out of me and I couldn't breathe. I needed to get out for that place to breathe, so that's what I did.

Blake's POV

"Yes, your highness" I said in a girly voice, imitating Liz's line when I asked her to dance with me during the ball scene.

Liz laughed and hit my arm playfully.

"Shut up, that's how the script went! At least I didn't change 80% of my lines" she commented matter of fact. I smiled.

She thought I changed them because I didn't know them, since I wasn't suppose to play Prince Charming. But in reality I changed my lines because even if she didn't know the words were coming from my heart, I wanted to tell her how I really felt about her. 

We kept walking side by side, the night sky above watching us in curious silence. Probably wondering what our fates would be whilst stars twinkled with unheard quiet laughter. 

After some more walking, we reached my homey hut. No words of invitation were needed, Liz made herself at home. I made my way to the bedroom with Liz following closely behind.

Once in my room I started looking through my drawers, one by one I checked all of them.

"What are you looking for?" Liz asked. 

I smiled when I found what I was looking for.

I took it out of its drawer and showed it to Liz. A sweet dimpled smile made an appearance and suddenly I found it hard to look at her. My heart sped up and I had to take a calming breath to regain composure. 

Once I felt somewhat back to normal, I forced my legs to walk forward and I took a seat on my bed next to her. 

I handed her the photo album and she opened it, a smile erupting from her pink and perfect lips. 

"Oh my God, I remember that! That was on Halloween three years ago" she said. I smiled while I looked at the picture. I was dressed as a navy sailor and she was dressed as a navy girl-- kind of. I was saluting at the camera who was being held by Liz's father, and Liz was hugging me from the side. It was a fun night, that one. I got so horribly drunk though; Liz had to bring me back home afterwards.

Liz moved on to the next picture. On this one we were at Antongil Bay; the largest bay in Madagascar, located at the northern end of the east coast of the island. She was wearing an aquamarine snap-back and I was wearing an aquamarine beanie. We were both wearing dark sunglasses and I was kissing Liz's cheek. 

"Remember how I got food poisoning from that one weird fish I ate?" Liz asked.

"How can I not remember? You puked every ten minutes for the next six hours" I said laughing. Liz rolled her eyes at me but smiled.

This time I turned the laminated page to see the next picture. This one was last year for my birthday. Liz attempted making birthday cupcakes for me. They looked kind of sad. So we took a picture with one of them making sad puppy faces. There were other pictures, some older and some newer. They all brought laughter and smiles from the girl beside me. It was one of those perfect moments. 

I took out two pictures. These were from tonight, and they were taken from those instant picture cameras. One of the picture was me looking up at Liz after putting on her Cinderella sparkly shoe and the other one was of our kiss. I took them from a friend.

I added them to the album, and Liz studied them carefully.

"That one will be hard to explain to our grand-kids" she joked while pointing at the one of us kissing. I laughed and shrugged.

"We can just tell them I'm too damn irresistible". Liz's laughter bubbled up and I laughed with her. These were the best moments. The ones I wish time would stay still and stop running, just so I could live in them forever. But that's highly unrealistic, and it was time to go back to reality.

"I should take you home. I think your father wants to talk to you" I said. 

"What about?" Liz asked with a frown.

I let out a breath.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you".

________________________________________

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.

-Leo Buscaglia  

________________________________________

A/N: So I finally updated!!!! So sorry it took me longer than usual. Classes started this past week and I've been worried about school work and I tend to have trouble writing when that happens. Anyways what are your thoughts? Any ideas as to what will happen?

Oh and the gif on the side is made out of the pictures Liz and Blake were looking at. Yes, that is Nick Roux and his girlfriend in real life :P