❁Cooking❁

I was stressing out I had a long day at work and then I had a date so I had to rush home to get ready then cook. I was nearly finished, I had all my recipes blue tacked around the kitchen so I wouldn't forget any ingredients because that's classic me I forget everything and I'm always late probably one of the many reasons I'm single. 'What's up you seem stressed' my roommate Joe asked from behind me. He had only seen the back of my head and knew I was stressed it was one of his many talents he could read me like an open picture book. Me and Joe are friends from way back, nursery then primary through secondary and now to adulthood. We have always been partners in crime. Our parents used to joke when we were little saying we fancied each other. My mum secretly knew I really did fancy him I remember talking to her about it and specifically telling her not to tell anyone I think she told Tracey because they used to tease us both about it. But they stop when we got older and I grew out of my childish crush when we both got to secondary school and he got into dating and Mila Kunis I just knew he saw me as a sister and I was fine with that I loved our friendship. Everyone said ever since we were little we would always plan and plot things and get up to all sorts of mischief. Even though we got older we were still mentally 9 years old. We were always getting told to grow up. And now we live together and Joe always knew how I felt. 'I'm so stressed i have a date tonight and I stupidly offered to cook' I say stirring my soup I was making. Joe turned me around so I was facing him before pulling me into a reassuring hug. 'You'll be fine you always are' he said pulling out from the hug and holding my shoulders looking into my eyes. 'You think?' I ask 'I know' he smiles. He picked up the wooden spoon from inside my soup then licking the spoon clean. 'Y/N' he says 'oh my god this is amazing' he moans causing me to sigh in relief thank goodness it tastes good 'if he doesn't like this soup I swear I'll marry it' he chuckles 'oh shit you made brownies too' he bounces over to the piping hot tray like a child. He goes to take a piece I slap his hand as he does so 'owwww' he whines 'they aren't for you' I laugh 'I'll save you one if you really want' his eyes light up 'oh my god I'd love you forever please' he clings onto me 'fine' I laugh making a mental note not to eat all the brownies. 'I need to get ready' I announce walking to my room as I had finished most of the cooking.

Joe POV
It killed me to see Y/N go out with guys that clearly don't deserve her or her time or her effort. Me and Y/N are best friends sometimes we acted more like we were married though, not on purpose it's just the way our friendship work. Like I can flirt with her and it's still just our friendship. I wish I tell her everything. I wish I could tell her how I feel. But I value our friendship and her company too much. Y/N walked into the living room where I was sat on the sofa 'do I look okay?' She asked I turned me head to look at her my jaw dropped 'you look gorgeous' I gasp then I gave her a friendly smile. 'Aww you're so sweet' she pecked me on the cheek. 'He'll be here in ten minutes' she played with her necklace that I bought her on her birthday a year or two ago. She had been looking at it all year and saving up for it as it was quite expensive but every time she got enough she had to pay for things like flights to playlist live or other YouTube stuff or holidays I had always offered to pay for flights and stuff for her but she declined so I bought the necklace for her birthday. It was her zodiac sign on a necklace like mine from the same company. She cried of happiness. So she was very thankful and ever since I bought it for her it became attached to her she never took it off she always played with it when she was nervous. I got up and gave her a hug 'Trust me you will be fine' I smile at her. 'Thanks joe' she grins. 'I'm going to caspars I'll see you later' I tell her before grabbing my shoes and bag with my laptop in. 'Wait!' She stops me 'have a brownie' she hands it to me. I take a bite and it was the best richest gooeyst heavenly brownie I'd ever tasted it's was like a beautiful chocolate explosion 'holy fucking shit' I roll my eyes in pure pleasure 'oh stop it' she laughs 'this is orgasmic' I say 'why thank you' she giggles 'can I have another' I say eyeing up the tray on the kitchen side 'no you can have one when you get back' she said straightening out her dress.

'Good luck' I tell her 'thanks' she says laying the table for her date. I leave the house and start walking to caspars it's like 5 minutes down the road if that there was no point in getting an uber. I don't like being in the house when Y/N has dates round. I'm a jealous enough person anyway I don't need some knob egging me on or winding me up. I got to Caspars and used the spare key he gave me when he moved in. He knew I was coming but knowing Caspar he'd be having a nap or something so it tended to be quicker just using my own key and to my surprise Caspar was awake and sat on the sofa 'hey buddy' he says 'hi mate' I join him on the sofa 'Fifa?' He asks 'sure' I reply shortly taking my bag off putting it floor. We start playing. I kept getting distracted by thinking about Y/N and her date. 'Bro what's up' Caspar asked me suddenly pausing the game 'nothing's up why would you think that' I lie 'because you just passed to someone not on your team and scored in the wrong goal so don't lie to me what's up' Caspar repeated 'it's Y/N' I tell him 'what about her' Caspar knew about my feelings towards Y/N he was like a brother I never had. 'She's on a date' I sulk 'I'm sorry man-' Caspar pats my back 'let's just play' I say wanting to forget about it.

Caspars POV
Joes mood tended to rely on Y/N if she was happy it made him happy if she was sad it would make him sad if she had a bad day he'd be upset and want to make her happy if she was hurt he'd get pissed off at someone that hurt her. I knew ever since I met Y/N I knew Joe fancied her not even just the way he acted around her it was the way she acts she is perfect for him not just as in a relationship way but she can make him better when no one else can she makes him happy. My job was to distract him when he came over he covered it but I knew something was up so I suggested Fifa to take his mind off things. After Joe had said what was really on his mind we carried on playing Fifa as he requested he did keep asking questions like 'what do you think Y/N is doing?' And 'how do you think Y/N's dates going' every time I swerved answering the question because I knew that he would just go on about it more and he would think about it more so I would just say 'not sure shall we order pizza' or 'dunno I'll get you another drink'

Joe POV
I left caspars after a few games of Fifa. I walked back to the apartment. I didn't hear much going on from the outside I lightly knock on the door just to see if Y/N had finished her date. Still nothing. So I unlocked the door silence echoed through the house. I walked downstairs I heard sniffing and light sobbing. I approach Y/Ns room. I knock on her door. No answer I slowly opened the door slowly 'Y/N' I whisper as I see her crying on her bed still all dressed up 'no Joe' she sniffs 'I'm not in the mood' I engulf her in a hug 'what happened' I ask as she cries into my chest 'do you want to talk about it?' I ask as she lifts her head 'he had a girlfriend.. He came over on a date with me then his girlfriend turns up.. He told her it was a work meeting and when I found out I cried.. He left with no goodnight no goodbye' she twiddled her thumbs 'why does this always happen to me' she got annoyed at herself and stood up and looked in the mirror.

My POV
I stare at my reflection tear stains down my face my hair a mess and my eyes red from crying 'is it my spotty face, is it that I look about twelve, it's that my stomach isn't small enough, is it my boobs are too small, is it that I'm too shy, is it my ugly laugh, is it that I don't have a thigh gap' tears streaming down my face as I rambled 'I'm never going to find the right guy because there's no way anyone could like me ever I'm going to die alone this always happens to me-' Joe cut me off 'Y/N stop!' He nearly shouts 'I can't take this anymore!' I got confused 'can you not see how beautiful you are?' He asks 'any guy would be lucky to have you and if they can't see it its their lost I can't take watching you get hurt anymore, these guys aren't good enough for you all i want is for you to be happy and I can't deny it anymore I love you I always have all these years I convinced myself I didn't .. I couldn't I knew you'd find someone better than me .. I didn't try .. So many guys came into your life I thought they'd make you happy and as long as you were happy that would make me happy that's when I realised I love you' he stared into my eyes leaving me with no words to say I was so speechless and taken a back. He liked me. 'I love you Y/N' he said inches away from my face before he placed his lips on mine for a beautiful minute 'I love you too' I say breaking the kiss.