❁Regret Vol. 2❁

My POV
I had so many butterflies in my stomach. It has been so long and me and Joe are meeting up again. I was excited, nervous and curious why he all of a sudden wanted to meet. I turn the tv off and got into bed as it was getting quite late. As soon I was tucked up in the covers my mind was a whirlwind of questions. What do I wear? Do I go casual? Do I wear a dress? Do I wear heals? Does he have a girlfriend? Does she know about this?

I wake up to the horrendous noise of my alarm. I groan and roll out of bed. Then I realise I'm meeting Joe today. I internally freak out. Calm.  I then think to myself I hop in the shower, give my hair a quick wash. I wrap my hair in a towel turban and throw on my super soft dressing gown, I know I'm an old lady I'm like 23 going on 203, before going to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I was halfway through a croissant when I look at the time. Sh*t I should start getting ready.

After I was ready. I do a quick twirl in front of my mirror. I was wearing a floaty strap vest top some ripped jeans and some black vans. My hair was straight and down. I grab a small bag and I'm ready to go. It's about a 10 minute walk to the café. So naturally I left at 1:55. I'm always late. Like I'll be ready on time and then things just don't go the way I plan them to. I quickly text Joe.
Hey I'm running 5 minutes late X
I quicken my pace.

Joes POV

My heart was racing. I was so excited and nervous. I got to the cafe 15 minutes early. I'm usually always late but this day was an exception. I tapped my fingers on the table in a nervous fashion. What if she doesn't show? What if she forgot? What if she doesn't recognise me? What if she hates me? I think to myself. *Bing* I get a message. It was from Y/N.
Y/N: Hey I'm running 5 minutes late X
A grin grows on my face. She's actually coming.
Me: It's okay don't worry love X
I reply. I know it is a stupid thing to be happy at the thought she is going to show but I've had plenty of girls who aren't internet famous stand me up before. That's weird. The Y/N I once knew and turned down is FAMOUS. Like she's a role model. Millions of people adore her.

My POV

I was rushing to the coffee shop when I heard a few girls murmur behind me when one tapped me on the shoulder. 'Hi can we get your picture?' She asked nervously 'if you aren't in to much of a rush of course' another girl added. 'Sure you can get my pictures' I giggle at how polite they all are. I took photos with all of them. 'So where you off to?' One girl said making conversation 'meeting anyone special' another winked realising I was a little dressed up for just a Burger King 'Jessica!' A girl gasped 'what?' Jessica didn't understand 'oh shit sorry I didn't mean to-' she realised about the whole boyfriend situation which I kinda forgot about too 'it's fine and its just an old school friend' I cut her off laughing lightly in the hope of making her feel more comfortable 'so anyway girls I have to get going I'll see you later' I rush off towards the cafe.

I got in the door looking around. Then I spotted a familiar pair of sea blue eyes. He hasn't changed at all. Except his now wonderful hair and he looks more muscular now. I walk up to him and he pulls me into a hug. 'How have you been' he says beaming 'I've been good what about you?' I ask taking a seat opposite him 'good yeah' he smiles 'I've missed you' he adds making me blush. We talk for so long. About YouTube, my ex, school memories, my book, his life. I felt like we had been best friends forever and we weren't even this close in high school. It started to get busier in the cafe 'should we go somewhere quieter?' He asks 'yeah I'm getting a bit claustrophobic' I half laugh but at the same time wanting to get the hell out of there. We walk down to a park and sit on the bench 'we need a picture' Joe announces. I scoot closer to him. He takes one and we both smile. This was the start of something special.