Chapter Sixty Nine

Chapter Sixty Nine

"Actually," I mumble, my heart speeding up in my chest, "It doesn't matter. I'm just going to...uhhh...go now. Sorry Lou."

I quickly turn towards the door, ready to make my escape, before I feel Louis' hand on my wrist, stopping me in my tracks, "Don't go Mim. Please. Tell me what's wrong."

As I turn to look at him, all I can see is sadness in his eyes. He looks so broken and so sad, just like he described in those letters. At the thought of the letters, a small sob escapes my mouth and I have to look away from Louis so he doesn't see me cry. But I know it's no use, he heard the 'lovely' sound that came out of my mouth, he knows I'm crying.

"Oh don't cry Mim. Please don't cry. I hate seeing you cry, it just reminds me of-" he quickly cuts himself off, and I have to hold back my groan.

"I have to go Lou," I say weakly while trying to wiggle my wrist out of his grasp.

"Mim-"

I cut him off quickly, worried about my sanity as he continues to plead with me to stay, "No Lou. Please just let go."

He lets go and I have to restrain myself from running towards the door. As I reach the door, I pause, my hand on the door handle. I know I said to the boys that I would talk to him, but I can't. Not after reading those letters. Not after seeing the sadness in his eyes when he looked at me.

"I saw you reading those letters," I hear Lou mumble from behind me.

I quickly spin around, my eyes widening in shock and fear, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...I just-"

"I started writing those three days after you went missing and I never had any intention of letting you find them," he begins, cutting me off, his voice so soft I can barely hear him, "But then, when you couldn't remember me or the boys, I was so heartbroken I was thinking about giving them to you so you could read them and maybe remember me. But as the days flew by, I started to lose hope that you would ever remember."

"Lou..."

"I started dating Stacey because I needed a distraction. I needed a reason to get out of the house because I couldn't stand to look at you with love in my eyes only for you to look back at me like I'm your best friend. It is literally torture. But when I saw her slap you and threaten you, I knew that it was a stupid idea and that, well I knew this before but I finally admitted it to myself, I am never going to be able to get over you Mimi."

I let out a sigh when he stops speaking, wiping the tears from my face, "Lou, stop. You don't have to tell me this stuff."

"But I do princess!" he exclaims, more tears leaking from his eye. I let out a small gasp as he calls me princess, my brain spinning as a new memory surfaces.

I feel him smile into the kiss, his arms tightening around my waist, bringing me impossibly close to him. I run my fingers into his hair as he moves his lips against my own. I jokingly lick his lips with my tongue but Louis takes it as an excuse to deepen the kiss.

Reluctantly, I pull away from him, my breath coming in quick pants as I rest my forehead on his, "Not to fast Lou. Please."

I watch him smile, small creases forming at the sides of his eyes, "Anything for you princess."

Before I'm ready, I am thrown out of the memory and back into the real world with nothing but my thoughts and a very upset looking Louis. So that was the first time that he called me princess. But for some reason, I feel like there was more to it then we were just kissing and I told him not to go too fast. I feel like there was a whole backstory to why he called me princess.