Chapter Fifty Seven

Chapter Fifty Seven

I feel my eyes flutter open, my eyes straining as they try to adjust to the darkness. The darkness that swallows the room whole, eating up every ray of sunshine that threatens to make itself known.

The darkness sends chills spiraling down my spine while the cold, bony fingers of fear grip themselves around my heart. As the frigid air surrounds me and makes its way into my lungs, I feel the strong grasp of the vices tighten around the fragile organs.

As the cold draft from the window blows across my face, the shivers that I have tried so hard to keep at bay, take over my body.

First as a tiny, very easy to miss, shake. And then they grow. The shivers grow and grow until they become an unamissable force that takes over every muscle in my body, causing me to fall sideways onto the hard, concrete floor, the rain that had found its way onto the ground seeping into my jeans.

I try my very best to fight away the panic that is creeping into my body, but as I see the unmistakable shadow of a human body move in front of the tiny window, I know I will not win.

The panic will take over until it consumes me.

Until I can no longer focus on the real reason for my presence here.

I reach a shaky hand up to wipe away the wet tears that are cascading down my cheeks. As skin brushed against skin, that's when I hear the tell tale sign of a door opening. I let my eyes squint in preparation. expecting to see the light pour into the room but it scares me even more when it never appears.

Suddenly, a high pitched scream erupts in the room, startling me even more. As the scream continues, my fear increases until, the pain kicks in and I realise that it's my scream.

It's my scream that is echoing around the room in an endless cacophony of sounds. I feel the pain as my back is mauled apart by a whip that is continuously slapping against my back, the pain spreading down my spine with the hot liquid that already know is blood.

As the pain becomes more and more unbearable, I hear the distinctive sound of a human laugh. The sound rattles my bones and causes my teeth to clench together in pain and in fear.

"What do you want?"

My voice is almost sounds unrecognisable as it echoes around the dark stone room. It sounds broken and frightened, the pitch jumping all over the place as the fear and the panic seizes my body.

Expecting the unknown person to reply, the fear only intensifies as I am met by a crippling silence.

I feel the air next to my head ripple with movement, causing me to whip my head uselessly towards the darkness. I should have known. I should have known not to come here.

But I don't even remember why I am here in the first place. It's as if the memory has been sucked from my brain, leaving my mind feeling vacant and bare, that only thought being of what could be in the darkness.

"You're going to love this princess."

My heart rate speeds up to a level that could not possible keep me conscious for long, as the gravelly voice of the unknown man meets my ears.

"Why?" My voice breaks with that single words, showing my fear, but I continue on, "No I'm not! I shouldn't be here!"

"No, I'm going to love this."

Another voice.

That would make sense considering I saw the shadow move in front of the window right before someone came into the room, down the creaking stairs into the lifeless room that I have somehow found myself in.

"I'm going to enjoy this way too much."

I hear his feet echo as he moves closer to me, my heart rate picking up with every slow step. Every slow step he takes, my breathing gets faster and fast. Every slow step he takes, my heart beat harder and harder. Every slow step he takes, my body tenses in fear at what he might do.

"Don't scream princess. I don't want to think that you're enjoying this."

That's when I feel his hand come in contact with my cheek, the slap echoing around the room. I let out a small gasp as the pain spreads across my cheek. I already know that there will be a huge slap mark there, soon to be a bruise, just by the way my skin feels hot under the cover of the pain.

"Oh princess. You didn't even flinch!"

Princess.

Why does that seem so familiar? 

Why does that nickname ring bells in my mind?

 Why do I feel like it should mean something?

But I don't even remember why I am here in the first place. It's as if the memory has been sucked from my brain, leaving my mind feeling vacant and bare, that only thought being of what else could be in the darkness.

I wish I could remember. I feel like if I could remember, I could get out. If I could remember, I could find a way to escape. Even if it meant fighting off these unknown men who are, quite honestly, scaring the hell out of me. 

Well, that's an understatement actually, but you catch my drift.

But that's when reality finally hits me.

That's when I feel the cold, metal shackles that have been locked around my wrists and ankles. That's when I realise that there is not way to escape. That there is not way to get out of here. No matter what I try, I will never be able to get these off.

I am going to be trapped down here with no one to hear my screams. 

I am never going to be able to get out of here and I don't know what scares me more.

The fact that I'm not going to be able to get out of here or the fact that I can't even remember what happened when I went to sleep.

There it is.

There is the scene from back when Mimi was kidnapped! DUN DUN DUN!

I'm actually so proud of this chapter and the very detailed descriptions in it. You guys might not understand but I know what I'm taking about.

Sorry this is up so late guys. 

I was at the movies this morning and then I went out with friends this after noon so yeah. I got home quite late.

But it's here so that is all that matters.

QOTC: What is the most amount of Facebook notifications you've had at one time?

Mine is over 100...! I know, it's a lot. But it's because my friend added about 300 photos and I was tagged in them and people kept liking them. So yeah.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo