Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Five

"Wait, what? Back up the truck there Li," I say, shocking mixing in with the fear in my voice.

There is no way that Liam can be my brother. I mean, that isn't even possible. For starters, he has brown hair and brown eyes where I have blonde hair and green eyes. I have dimples and he doesn't. He was born in Wolverhampton and I was born here in London. His father is alive and mine isn't.

"I'm your brother Mimi. Well step brother to be precise but I'm still your brother."

"No you aren't," I laugh, "You aren't my brother. Don't lie Liam."

I watch Liam let out a sigh as he runs his hand through his hair, "I'm not lying Mimi. I wouldn't lie about something like this."

"Li...?" I trail off quietly.

"Even go ask one of the boys Mimi. I promise you, I wouldn't lie to you about this. Definitely not this."

And then the memory hits me like a tonne of bricks being thrown at my face. My breath feels like it has disappeared from my lungs and I can't breath anymore. I was never expecting this. never in my wildest dreams would I have expected a plot twist this big in my life.

"Because she's my sister."

Like I said before, if I was drinking something right now, this would be the time that I would spit it out all over the ground. Or, if I was eating something, this would be the time I would start to choke on my food. But since I am doing neither of those things, I am deciding that laughter is the best way to handle this.

"Oh wow," I say between fits of laughter, "I've actually never heard anything so funny in my life."

The four boys are looking at me like I am crazy, which I am. But can you blame me? I mean, Liam just waltzed in here and told me that I am his sister. What did you expect me to do? Break down in tears and tell him I love him so much and believe him? No. Obviously I'm not going to do that.

"I'm being serious Mimi," Liam says quietly.

I look up at him, my laughter dying down as I see the look on his face, "Prove it."

I gasp quietly, the air flowing in my lungs as the clamps fall away. Liam's face swims back into focus as I take in everything that I just remembered. I can't believe that Liam is my brother. There is no way on this green potato that that was real. It has to be a dream.

But if it was a dream, why is it repeating itself? Why is Liam telling me that he's my brother if that was a dream? Oh, I know. Because this is a dream too. That's why he's telling me this again, because it's a dream that holds one of my lost memories.

"Mimi, are you okay?"

"Peachy," I reply.

"I'm being serious love. Are you okay?"

"This is a dream isn't it," I say, ignoring Liam's question all together.

"What?"

"This is a dream right? I can do anything I want and you won't know because this is a dream? Am I correct?" I ask him as I look back over to Liam.

"No Mimi. This isn't a dream. Why would you think it's a dream?"

Wait, so if this isn't a dream, then that means it's real. 

Nahhhh Mimi. It isn't a dream so that means it's fake! Obviously it means it's real.

I really should stop having conversations with myself or I'll go mad. I mean, I already am slightly mad but that is beside the point. So if this is real, then that means that Liam really is my brother and he isn't lying and that that memory was real and not a joke that the boys played on me.

That also means...

"My dad's alive," I mumble quietly, finally putting the pieces together.

"Yes. He is."

"He's alive," I repeat, more to myself than to Liam.

My dad's alive. After all these years, he never really died. He just pretended to die so he could go back to live with Liam and for some reason, I never pieced it together that Liam's dad was also my dad. I never completed the puzzle to see the full picture.

But how could he do that to me? How could he leave me there to think that he was dead? How could he just leave me there to mourn him and go to his funeral? After his 'death' I locked myself in my room for months. 

I barely talked to anyone at school for months. I had to go and see the school counselor two times a week. I barely ate. My mother beat me more than usual. My life was hell and the only reason behind that is the fact that I thought my father was dead.

I mean, yes he did leave me when I was little but he was my best friend. And honestly, it broke my heart when he left but I never told him that when he came back. I didn't want him to regret leaving us like he did. And I certainly didn't tel him about mum beating me. He would have flipped a lid if I told him that.

"Mimi, are you okay?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I ask in frustration.

"Because we care about you and we know that what you're going through must be tough. So we ask you everyday if you're okay just in case you're not."

I look up at him, hurt, anger and misery running races through the blood in my veins. Every time they ask me that, it makes me feel worse about the situation. I try to stay positive but I know, deep deep down I know, that this really isn't a time when I can just pretend that everything will turn out just fine.

Because it won't.

It's not going to turn out just fine like I want it too. Like the boys want it too. There are going to be mistakes, ups and downs, bumps in the road. And I know for a fact that it isn't going to turn out peachy perfect like it does in all the movies you see on the television. This is real life, not a fan fiction. I can't just make the story up as I go and make it this perfect love story. That's not how it works.

"Did you ever stop to think Liam, that maybe I'm not okay and that asking me if I am, only makes it worse?"

Well the chapter is finally up.

I have been working on this for a while now but I kept getting interrupted. Sorry lovelies. 

I haven't really got that much to say to be honest. Just that I got another assignment today U_U *sigh* so that now makes it 4 assignments and a test. I am going to be very busy aren't I.

QOTC: If you get out of the shower clean, how does your towel get dirty?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo