Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

*Liam's P.O.V*

"Louis?" I question, as I see him being lead into the waiting room by a nurse, tears rolling down his face.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks him.

I watch as the nurse whispers something to Louis before she lets go of his arm and walks away. A few seconds later, Louis falls to his knees, a loud sob escaping his mouth. I feel my body go into panic mode and I instantly stand up and walk over to him.

"Louis, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"She's gone," he stutters heavily.

"What?" Niall mumbles.

"I was just...I was just talking to her and then...then the heart monitor went flat!"

"No. Lou. This isn't funny. You can't be serious," I say quietly, no wanting to believe what he's saying.

I watch as Louis snaps his head up to look at me, anger flaring in his eyes, "You think I would make a joke about this? You think I would lie about this? She means the freaking world to me Liam. There is no way on this planet that I would lie about her being dead!"

"I-"

He cuts me off, anger taking over his body, "Don't you dare say that you're sorry Liam. I am over you saying sorry when you know very well that you did that thing on purpose. Like that time you made me say away from Mimi! I got to kiss her twice! I only got to spend two days with her as my girlfriend all because you're selfish!"

"Louis, calm down. You're just letting your emotions take over," Harry says calmly as he crouches down next to Lou.

"I'm not going to calm down! Do you know how traumatising that is? To sit in the room and watch as the girl you love literally dies right in front of you? No you wouldn't know."

I feel tears come to my eyes as I think about what he's telling me. She can't be gone. I never even got to apologise to her for being the biggest douche and the worst big brother in the world. I'm not going to be able to live with myself, knowing that the last thing we did was fight about me being a jerk.

I'm never going to be able to look Louis in the eye again. The only reason he didn't get to spend as much time with her as he would have loved is because I wanted to try and keep her safe. But I can see now that she would have been safer by being with Louis.

He would have kept her safer than I did by keeping them apart. It broke her heart to not be with him. It broke her heart to think that Louis didn't love her anymore. And the only reason for that is me. I'm the reason that she had her heart broken. And it honestly feels terrible.

To have that type of guilt on your shoulders is just...it's a terrible feeling.

"Louis, are you sure that you're being serious?" Niall asks quietly, his voice soft and broken.

I look around at the other boys, taking in the tears on all of their cheeks. Niall has discarded his food on the floor by the chair he was occupying, crumbs littering the floor. Harry has finally lost his cool composure, tears filling his green eyes.

But Louis looks the worst of us all. His eyes are red and puffy as tears leak endlessly from the corners. His whole body is shaking as he tries to deal with the heart ache that comes with losing the girl you love.

"I wouldn't lie to you guys about this. I was there when the line went flat. I was there when she took her final breath. I was there," Louis sobs, his voice wobbly and broken..

We all sit there in silence at Lou's words. We are all honestly too shocked to do anything right now. I don't want to believe it or accept it but I guess I'm going to have to. I'm going to have to accept that she isn't on this earth anymore.

"I just can't..."

"Believe that she's gone?" Harry finishes Niall's sentence, "Me either. I just hope the doctors can get her heart working again."

 We all look up to see a doctor walk in, his face a perfect poker face. His face is as straight as straight can be. Not a single emotion is playing across his face and tears me apart even more because I don't know what has happened.

He comes to a stop in front of us, pausing for a second before her speaks, "I'm so sorry-"

After those three words, Louis gets up and runs out of the room, causing the doctor to stop what he was saying. So she's gone? I honestly can't believe it. She didn't deserve a life like this. She didn't deserve the cards she was dealt. It's not fair, that such an amazing girl was dealt such a terrible hand of cards.

"As I was saying, I'm so sorry about that. Mimi is doing fine."

My head snaps up too look at the doctor, my eyes widening in shock, "She's alive?"

I can't believe it. Louis said that her heart monitor stopped. He wouldn't lie about her dying. He would never lie about something like that and I know it. But why is  the doctor saying she is fine if her heart just stopped? 

But Louis thinks she's dead, a voice whispers into my brain. Because the doctor started off with the words 'I'm so sorry', now Louis thinks she's gone. That's why he ran off like that. He didn't want to hear the words coming out of doctors mouth. 

The words he thought were going to pronounce her dead.

"You need to tell me what happened! Quickly, please. Before Louis does anything rash. He thinks she's gone," I plead to the doctor as I stand up, matching his height.

I watch the doctor nod before he clears his throat, "As I was saying, Mimi is doing perfectly fine. Her heart never actually stopped. Something happened with the monitor which caused it to flat line. I'm so sorry for the heart ache and inconvenience this must have caused."

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN! 

So now we have a point of view from the very unloved (sorry Liam. I didn't want to make you the bad guy but I needed to do it) Lima Bean.

God, whoever commented in Wrong Number calling him Lima Bean, please message me so I can mention you next chapter. Ever since I read that comment, every time I see the word Liam I just want to read Liam. Don't know why but I do.

Anyway, now we can see what actually happened. I don't know if stuff like this happens in real life but it does in In Touch! LOL.

So guys, yesterday I started a new book. If you guys could maybe please go check it out, that would be so awesome. I'll just leave the link under here :)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/62281852-mystery-girl-l-h-5sos

Thank you guys! I really apriciate it when you check out my other books :)

I'm actually so happy with In Touch at the moment. Right now it's #119! How amazing is that? For a book with only 24k reads, it's actually so awesome! Thank you guys for reading and voting and commenting. It means the world to me!

QOTC: If a mime is arrested, do they tell him he has a right to talk?

Like I don't know to be honest.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo