Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

*Liam's P.O.V*

I hear a loud bang from upstairs, causing me to spill some of me tea onto the counter. I let out a sigh as I reach for the cloth to clean it up. God only knows what that sound was. It could have been the wind on the windows. It could have been a door slamming. It could have been-

"Mimi!"

"What?"

"Oh my god. That bang could have been Mimi. She could have fallen over or something!" I yell as I run out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

Once I reach the top, I feel my heart rate slow when I see that the hallway is clear. No Mimi lying on the ground unconscious. It's at that very moment that I see Louis' door slightly ajar. My mind goes into overdrive as I try to imagine good things that could be behind that door. But, sadly, I fail.

There is only one thing I can think of and it isn't pretty.

As I walk up towards his room, that's when I see Louis in there kissing some blonde haired, orange faced girl. That's why Mimi must have slammed the door shut. Wait...Why is Louis kissing this girl if he is technically with Mimi?

"Louis?"

I walk into his room as he quickly pulls away from the girl he's kissing, wiping his mouth, "Oh hey Li."

"Don't 'oh hey Li' me Louis. Why the hell are you kissing this girl," I fume as I gesture towards the girl, "I thought you were with Mimi?"

"Wait Lou," the girl screams in a high pitched voice that seems unnatural, "You already have a girlfriend? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"No Stacey, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Don't lie Louis."

"I'm not lying Liam. I thought it was a given that we were broken up the moment she woke up and couldn't remember us."

"Louis! How freaking blind can you actually be?" I yell while trying not to give away that Mimi actually has feelings for him.

"I'm not blind Liam. I don't love her anymore," I see him gulp as he says that, "I moved on. Stacey is my new girlfriend."

"You know what Louis. I don't freaking care right now. But when she remembers, I am not going to be there to help you fix this mess. The only thing the boys and I will be doing is trying to help Mimi pick up the pieces of her shattered heart."

And with that, I storm out of the room, slamming his door behind me. I stand outside his still shaking door for a few moments, trying to calm myself down. I can just see how badly this is is going to end. It's going to be messy. 

There will be heartbreak and fights. I know that the moment Mimi remembers everything, including her feelings for Louis, she will be heartbroken knowing that he moved on from her just because she couldn't remember him. 

Honestly, I don't want to be there when she finds out. I don't want to be able to hear her heart as it drops to the floor and shatters into millions of pieces. I don't want to be there as she cries. But I know I'm going to have to. That's what my job as her big brother is. To look after her through every stage of her life.

Including heartbreak.

I walk over to Mimi's door, lightly knocking on it. Instead of the expected 'go away', all I hear is her muffled sobs through the door. I knew she was lying last night when she said that she was fine with Louis going clubbing to get girls.

I could just tell. She had this weird look on her face and I instantly knew that she wasn't fine with it like she said. She tries to put on this brave face all the time but sometimes, without knowing it, she lets it slip. Not much but it slips enough to let me see through to the real her.

The broken, lost girl hiding underneath.

I push the white wooden door open, stepping quietly into the room. My eyes instantly move to her bed where she has thrown herself onto the bed, loud sobs escaping her mouth. I feel my own heart break at the sight.

Before Mimi went missing, I never thought that I would see Mimi crying because Louis kissed another girl. You could tell, from a mile away, that those two where so in love. Never, in my wildest dreams would I imagine that Louis would break her heart like he did today.

"Mimi?"

"Go away!" she screams into her pillow.

"Mimi," I reply, this time, slightly quieter.

"Go away," she repeats, her voice breaking at the end.

I hate seeing her like this. It's not something you would want to see. Especially when it's you sister. That makes it a million times worse. Watching your sister cry her heart out because her crush doesn't like her back is not a pretty sight.

"Mimi, come here," I whisper as I sit on the bed next to her.

She doesn't move a moment but then it's like that wall has crumbling down and she gives into the current that knocked it down in the first place. I watch as she crawls onto my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck. I feel her tears as they fall onto my shirt, soaking through the thin fabric.

"Why did, why?" she stutters out through her tears.

"I don't know Mimi. I don't know. But I'm sorry. I'm sorry that he hurt you so much."

And I am. But I know, just as much as she knows, that I shouldn't be the one apologising. It should be Louis. He should be apologising to her about how rude he has been and how she doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has been treating her. But the worst thing is, I don't know if he will because he's changed.

"Something's changed about Lou. I don't know what it is but I know that's why he's changed."

Poor Mimi. It hurts my heart to write about her being sad. It's just...Mimi being sad was so last book... 

Not really but you guys know what I mean.

You guys should check out Our Last Nights cover or "Sorry" by Justin Bieber and "Drag Me Down" by One Direction. They are actually pretty good.

QOTC: What is your favourite band or artist other than One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer?

My fave artist is either Ed Sheeran or Shawn Mendes.

I don't really have a fave band but I do like Our Last Night.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo