My little slice of ashes

(Mild language)
Ara's PoV

"That was a heck of a party, wasn't it?" Toma commented. I clicked my tongue. It was all I could do without pain really.

"If you say so. I don't remember any of it." Selypa commented.

"You're a typical ape, Selypa." Toma replied jokingly.

"Aw, shut up. I don't see how you guys remember anyway. Elephants aren't supposed to forget, not apes." She gave out to him. I rolled my eyes and lay on my side. It was a little less painful.

"I'm with you Selypa. For me it's like waking up from a dream. You kind of remember it all, but then it just slips away." Totapo said agreeing with her.

"A dream? Bull shit. More like a nightmare" I muttered.

"I don't remember much either, but I remember the crusty little devil that gave me this." Pumbukin commented rubbing the new scar on his face.

"Bardock says he remembers everything." Selypa said. I felt her eyes drift over to us. I'm so tired and weak. I just want to sleep.

I heard toma chuckle. "Right, don't make me laugh Selypa. Bardock might remember every second of every battle, but he remembers nothing of his personal life. Allow me to demonstrate." He began. I tilted my head up to see him looking at bardock.

"Bardock, do you remember what day your son was born?"he asked.

"No. But that was a long time ago."Bardock commented. Who were they referring to. Raditz or goku.

"It Was not you lazy bum. Yesterday? Come on, you need to go see the little tike. You have enough time to stop in before our next assignment." Selypa teased. Oh.. Well that just makes me feel so much better. I missed goku's bithfau.wait a damn minute... Did she say another assignment ? Nope!! To much agony, I can't even move my tail!!!

"Visit him, huh? How nice. Father-son bonding. Why should I? They'll just send him away." Bardock answered in a snobbish tone. Wow, that's kinda sad aswell as selfish.

"Hm. Bardock. You're a jerk." Selypa muttered. Shut up! I just want to sleep in a healing pod and forget today even happened !

"Hey guys, why did we fight for this dump anyway, huh? Is Frieza out of his tiny little mind or something?" Pumbukin asked. I closed my eyes and decided to just listen to them.

"Yeah, but not in this case. I think this planet has special energy or so I've heard." Bardock said.

"Yeah, I heard the same thing. You're supposed to be able to develop physicic powers if you live here. Like being able to read minds, see the future and stuff like that." Toma commented.

"Tch" I muttered. Bullshit. You don't just develop powers like that, it takes years of training. They were obviously ready though. And the feeling of someone footing through my head wasn't my imagination.

"Frieza's such a paranoid freak. He'd jump at the chance to be able to read minds." Bardock said. I have and annoyed sigh and propped myself up with my elbows.

"That's a scary thought. Frieza really bought his-" Totapo began but he was stopped by a noise behind us. I my head snapped the that direction.

A kanasan had risen from the rubble. I got up despite the pain. How the hell was one still alive?

"I wish you baboons could read minds so you could have heard the thoughts of my troops as you slaughtered them!" He shouted at us. I clenched my fist, ready to fight if necessary.