The Ball

Trunk's PoV

It has been three weeks since we'd seen goku or Ara.. And the ball mom wanted us to go to was today.

Mom and chichi had been worried sick. Gohan took goten to get food as he kept moaning. And I had no idea where dad and the others had gone. I wondered where Ara was.

I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes momentarily. It was weird.. Usually if Ara went away she'd be checking in every five minutes. Dad even seemed paranoid. And what her old bullies told me before they knocked me out was still stuck in my head.

"Your sister's head is worth alot.. Still surprised why they want that usless brat alive.. But as long as we get payed I could give a damn"

I tried to push the thought out of my head.

"Ara!" I heard my mom squeal as she rushed by me, knocking me over. I looked up. There stood Ara, being squeezed to death by mom. Had her hair gotten longer?

She pushed mom off and looked over at me. Her purple eyes lit up. She was wearing a dress?! How..but..I..

"Honey you look adorable!!" Mom said happily

"I'm not wearing this willingly.."she muttered.

"Oh, Ara where is goku?" Chi chi asked.

"He'll be here, he just needed to..do something." Ara answered.

She walked over to me. She looked me up and down.

"Hair gelled back,stuffed into a suit, dad and everyone else nowhere to be seen..I'm guessing that mom forced you all to do this ?" She asked smirking.

"I'm not the one dressed up like a princess" I said. She blushed and growled. I laughed slightly. "I'm only joking, besides I think it suits you. I do like the braid on the side of you head to be honest...where's you tail?" I asked noticing it was missing.

"Oh yeah..here it is" she said as her tail popped out from behind her. She wrapped it around her waist.

"Better Lord fashion sense?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Now where's your father?" Asked mom. Ara glanced at her.

"You act like you haven't seen him all day" Ara commented.

"We haven't. Mom dragged us to the mall and dad said he'd meet us here before he left." I told her. "Also mom bought a cocktail dress."I said.

"Excuse you?" My sister asked.

Mom took off the large coat she was wearing.suddeny I saw dad. Mom smiled.

"What do you think vegeta?" She asked. Dad glanced at her.

"Too short" dad replied. He pulled at the tie on the suit mom had forced him into.