C3

Lillianna

Layla's responses were so...sketchy and vague...of course, I knew she was hiding something but I let go for the sake that she might run out again if she was pushed too hard to answer. Clearly, it had something to do with Craig...as soon as she left History I turned around and saw he was gone too. Weird...now that I think about it I never actually saw or heard him get up and leave the classroom...My thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing, meaning this period ended and it was time for Math. I quickly grabbed my stuff and said goodbye to Layla, telling her I'll see her at lunch, and left the classroom. 

• • •

Lunch

Rachael and I walked out of Math together and headed to lunch, as soon as we got there we headed straight to the line for lunch. Once we received our food we headed over to the table that Avery, Layla, and I usually sat. 

"So..." I grinned as I sat down with Rachael taking the seat in front of me"How are you liking the school so far?" 

She smiled and pondered for a second "It...it seems a bit weird...no offense"

I rose my eyebrows "Yeah, no offense taken" I laughed "You are right though...there's some creepy...'off' things about this school." I started picking at my food "But, since I've been a student here for the last three years I've learned to ignore that feeling that initially got" 

"Well, hopefully I can ignore it just as well as you can" she chuckled and I smiled and nodded.

"We only have a year left...it will go by quick. I promise." I shrugged while laughing

"True...true" She nodded as she began eating her lunch. Then, Avery walked over with a tray of food and took a seat next to Rachael, and began eating.

"What happened to Lala? Where is she?" I asked Avery.

She looked up at me and huffed "Over there" she pointed to the table behind her "She said she will be over in a few minutes" she shrugged and continued eating 

Rachael and I both looked over in the direction of where Avery pointed. We saw Layla sitting with the "weird boys"... wait...since WHEN did she talk to them? We both watched her as she finally got up from sitting next to Craig and as she began to walk away he smacked her ass. She quickly snapped around to face him, most likely glaring at him before she turned back around facing us shaking her head.

Rachael turned back around to look at me as if saying 'wtf'? I was just in the same state of shock that I couldn't even process what just happened. Layla finally reached the table and sat down next to me across from Avery. "Hey guys"

"Heyyy LaLa..." Rachael said as she trailed her words off and continued focusing on her food. 

"Hey" I responded looking her up and down.

She met my eyes and cocked an eyebrow "What?" she snapped

"What the hell was that," I said pointing in the direction of where the boys were sitting. "And don't say it was nothing either." 

She opened her mouth to begin speaking but snapped it shut. She looked over in the boy's direction and then back at me "Craig is just being an asshole. That's it."

"Oh, that's it huh?" I said snapping at her and she rolled her eyes "Layla, ever since this morning when you've gone missing, Craig goes missing. That's not a coincidence." I said 

She stayed silent as she began pulling out her lunch from her bag, "Lilly...maybe it's none of our business..." Rachael said 

I looked at her and smiled "Rachael." I paused for a second "I know you're new here. But, this..." I said and pointed around at our group of friends "Is NOT how we roll. She's hiding something and she needs to spill."