Chapter 10: Sauce Stained Lip

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me?" Luke asks as he flashes his adorable little dimples.

Snapping back to reality, Hazel flushes into a deep shade of pink, "Oh my God! I am terribly sorry for that stupid display a while ago! ... I'mma just get some of Jade's usual samples and be right back. Bu-bye~!" And just like that, she left the room.

I had to let out a giggle, "Well, that was amusing! And Hazel was actually early for once!"

"Is she always like that?"

"Only when there's a 'hot' doctor around." I quoted the hot, because I don't really use that word, and I said it because that's what Hazel used to describe him.

"Oh, I'm not all that..." Luke humbles.

"Nope. Nope. You have always been good-looking and girls always flock to you! So just stop." I scoff at him. "Anyways, let's continue with our work."

"Yes doctor!" Luke salutes with a smile and I just laugh at him. He goes back to what he was doing before I arrived, and I scan through my documents before Hazel arrives with my samples.

A little while later, Kelly arrives, "What?! You're earlier than me Hazel?!" she jokes.

"Shut up~!"

After the two kept pestering each other, they got serious and helped us with our work. But they're paying more attention to Luke than me. The two nurses before me really look like a couple of hopeless romantics from my angle.

Throughout work, when Luke would ask for certain things, just like a clap of lightning, the two nurses of ours appear by his side to help him with whatever he needs. It's so hilarious that they kept arguing over taking turns in helping Luke, that I kinda felt left out. But, since Luke is still new here, he should have all the attention.

"Ladies... No fighting in the hospital now, okay?" I warned them and they got bashful at my sentence and behaved themselves a little.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lunch time came and we all found a table to sit at as we carried our trays with our lunch. Eating cafeteria food anywhere can get a little getting used to after eating it a number of times. But, it could get tiring to eat almost the same food for how many years, even though their menu changes everyday.

I ate lunch with my circle, but half of us either ordered take-out or brought their own packed lunch.

While talking with Cecilia, Luke suddenly called out to me and I stopped my conversation so I could face him to listen to what he has to say. He gave me a light sigh with a grin that looks like I've done something ridiculous. "You eat so neatly and yet you still have sauce on the corner of your lip!" Luke taunts me.

I blush at his remark and try to furiously wipe the corner of my lip in embarrassment. Luke suddenly chuckles and reaches his hand towards my face to wipe the opposite corner of where I was wiping, "It's here silly!" Luke then licked the sauce off his finger, and I think I blew out steam!

"Wh-Wh-Why'd you li-lick it?!" I stutter from his actions.

"It's a waste to wipe it away. Besides, your face isn't dirty either." he pointed out with a smile.

Cecilia suddenly nudged me and I faced her as she whispered, "If Chris saw that, he'd be fuming right now." I just nod once with worried eyes. I don't want to make Chris feel jealous, it's cute, but it just feels wrong for me.

Luke just looks at us with confusion written all over his face. Then out of the blue, Kelly and Hazel clear their throats, catching our attention. They both had sauces on the corner of their lips, and it was clearly done on purpose from how it's been dabbed.

Cecilia let out a snort, while I was having a hard time hiding my grin. Luke, as if getting that they were doing it on purpose for him to wipe their stained lips as well, just told them, "Ladies, you might wanna wipe your mouths, there's sauce on it."

"Is there?"

"Really?"

The two acted dumb and wiped the wrong spots. Luke scoffed, "One second," and dove into his small handbag for some tissues, "Here, wipe your mouths with some tissues. They'll surely come off~." he gave them a sincere smile.

The two felt defeated and sulked as they each grabbed a tissue to wipe their sauce stained lips.

"Pfft!" laughed Fredrick, making us look to his direction, "What already happened once isn't going to happen twice. Dream on girls!"

"How dare you!"

"You're one to talk!"

They retort as they threw him the scrunched up tissues they used. Fredrick shields himself using his hands, but gets hit with Hazel's tissue on the head. "You girls are gross! That's why you don't have boyfriends!" he mocks them.

"Okay, now that's going to far!" Hazel bolts up, making Fredrick stunned.

He then slowly gets up from his seat, "I'll be going first you guys~!" he says as he soon dashes off out of the cafeteria while the two followed him. Probably for revenge...

The three of us who were left just laughed at Fredrick who was chased by two angry nurses, and just continued on finishing our lunch to get back to work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After work later that night, Luke volunteered to bring me home, but thinking if Chris saw us, I rejected his offer politely, "Thanks for the offer Luke, but I can just hail a taxi home. It's late, you should be getting back to your place too."

"It's okay... I only have a motorcycle though..." he shrugs.

I smile at him, "I'm fine, thanks Luke..."

"Suite yourself." he smiles, "But let me at least wait for a taxi with you before I go home myself. Besides, it's late and you're a girl!"

I accepted his offer, and after Luke hailed a taxi for me, I told the driver my address and got in. Luke and I then say our good night's and goodbye's before driving off.

Luke is such a gentleman, he always has been...

As I enter the dark apartment, I scan the rooms for Chris and find him already sleeping in bed. I don't know why, but I get a little sad that he's got his back turned from my side...

After I readied myself for bed, I slowly get in and pull the covers over me. Still with his back turned on me, I feel a little lonely and scoot over to be a little closer to him.

I slept at a late hour from always thinking about his back. I didn't know why, but it really bothered me for some reason. But eventually I fell asleep...

He's not angry, is he?

____________________________

Hey Guys!

Do you think Chris is angry? Or Jade is just thinking too much? Hahaha... Let me know in the comments below~! (Lol, This feels like YouTube... XD)

Thank you and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment for #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan :*