Of Shadowhunter Families

YOU DO REALISE THAT NOT EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER FROM THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS, THE INFERNAL DEVICES AND THE DARK ARTIFICES FANFICTIONS HAVE TO BE HERONDALES, LIGHTWOODS, FAIRCHILDS AND MOST RECENTLY CARSTAIRS!!!!!
Sorry about that but having your OC a twin sister of Jace, for example, is just not right! Stephen Herondale had one child one, Robert and Maryse had three: Alec, Izzy and Max. Robert and Maryse split up after Max's birth because, hello, Robert had an affair. Jocelyn and Valentine had two kids: Jonathan and Clary. Jocelyn then left because she realised how evil Valentine was. Carstairs- just no- Emma's parents are both dead, they got murdered when she was younger and she was an only child! Also everybody forgets Jem.
There are other shadowhunter families out there such as Trueblood, Penhallow and Bramwell! Try that out for a change.
If you are going to use one of the four forbidden surnames then please don't write like this:
Hi! I'm Cecily Lightwood, I live in the New York Institute with my brother Alec and my sister Isabelle. I'm a shadowhunter and I love it! I have shade 3452678109 of black coloured hair. My eyes are green that look like a luscious, emerald, vast field on a crisp springs day. I have the biggest crush on Jace Wayland who is soooo fit. He lives with us in new York.
Let's point out the problems
1. The name is just wow! Naming your character after one of their ancestors. Please think of something more original
2. WHAT ABOUT MAX??????!!!! I MEAN IF JACE'S SURNAME IS STILL WAYLAND MAX IS STILL ALIVE!!! R.I.P.
3. I kinda figured you were a shadowhunter the moment you said were a Lightwood.
4. I don't frankly care what shade of black your hair is or what colour your eyes are.
5. LIGHTWOODS' HAVE BLUE EYES!!!!
6. Do not I repeat do not use the word luscious
7.Springs should have an apostrophe! Grammar in these fanfics are appalling.
8. Why does everyone have a crush on Jace?
9. New York is spelt with capitals.

If I was writing about myself I would say:
My name is Katarina – you can call me Kat. I'm a Herondale, Jace's cousin; you might of heard of him. I have lived in the York Institute ever since my family got exiled. I have the blonde Herondale hair yet I have blue eyes.
I was part of the war against Valentine. I fought alongside Jace, Clary, Alec, Izzy and all the other brave shadowhunters who were and still are willing to sacrifice their lives for their country and the good of their kin. Many parabatai fought together, just like Jace and Alec, like Clary and Simon. I fought alongside mine and my parabatai, Freya, never made it out alive.

Note to self: NEVER READ THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS OF CLOCKWORK PRINCE WHILE LISTENING TO (EVERYTHING I DO) I DO IT FOR YOU!!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE ON AN AEROPLANE!!!
Signing out
~KatDaughterOfAthena😜