Chapter 40

Slowly, her eyes opened to a new day. She was surrounded by warmth, his fingertips caressing the smooth skin of her bare hips. Her head was resting in the crook of his neck, his arm wrapped around her and hers lying across his naked torso. She looked around, slightly confused as to where they were until she remembered that they had found a lone house to spend the night in, away from the bussle of the group. She smiled, looking up at Carl who was watching her intently, she could she her reflection in his bright blue eye.

"Mornin'," He mumbeled, a dazed smile on his face. He brushed a stray hair from her face and leaned in slowly, tilting her chin to meet his lips. Lauren bit her lip and smiled.

"Are you proud of yourself, Grimes?" Lauren cocked an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Oh definitely," He pulled her closer.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?" Lauren questioned, her eyebrow raised again but a smile remained on her plump lips, "We probably should have let the group know we're not dead or missing."

"You looked peaceful," Carl shook his head ever so slightly, swiping his thumb over the bare skin of her shoulder, "It's something I haven't seen in awhile."

"I feel happier," Lauren mused, her fingers caressing the chestnut strands of his hair. It had grown considerably since she had reunited with him, now reaching just over his ears, "More.. contented. Three weeks ago it felt like my world had shattered, but our story isn't going to end just yet."

"I don't plan on leaving," He said, his voice raspy. Lauren smiled and rolled on top of him, placing a chaste kiss to his lips before getting up from the bed. She grabbed her bra and picked up Carl's t-shirt and pulled them over her head, the material of the blue shirt reaching just below her bum. She stretched her arms out, her joints cracking, a yawn escaping her lips.

"We need to go do the walk of shame," Lauren chuckled, grabbing a couple hair ties and pins before throwing her long brown hair into a bun. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, and grabbed her signature black ripped jeans, silently thanking Carol for washing her clothes down by the river.

"Yay," Carl enthused sarcastically, pulling a clean partially sleeved grey shirt over his head. Lauren tossed him a granola bar once she was fully clothed. She tucked a small part of the t-shirt into the front of her jeans and packed whatever was lying around into her and Carl's bags.

She pulled the beat-up denim rucksack over her shoulder, grabbed her machete and bow before descending the stairs with Carl in tow. The sky was a greyish red colour, not offering much warmth. She began walking towards the street and the resteraunt where the others were staying.

"Do you think they'll like Greenview?" Lauren asked, turning her head to look at Carl.

"You know my dad," He sighed, "He'll be skeptical, but he'll realise sooner or later not everyone is looking to kill him."

"I wish there were more examples of good people," Lauren grumbled, mentally cursing all those who tried to kill her and her family.

Rick, Daryl and Glenn stood outside the resteraunt, checking ammunition on their weapons and food stock for the group. Lauren caught Daryl's eye as she approached, he cocked an eyebrow at the pair and Lauren glared. Glenn smiled at Lauren, a smile that always told Lauren she'd have someone to talk to if need be.

Forever Unfinished // Carl Grimesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें