Christmas Special: Have A Merry Bloody Christmas

First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS! And to those that don't celebrate Christmas, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

To celebrate the eating of food and the getting of fat I've decided to write you all a Christmas Special that has absolutely nothing to do with the story

So enjoy this crazy chapter, I hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

- The Bat Shit Crazy Author Lady

~•~

Somewhere some place in the middle of a forest. Lauren and Carl walked round, not having the slightest idea as to what they were doing or where they were going.

They only knew that this adventure would be a little more.. eccentric than the others.

~•~

Trees, trees and more damn trees.

Lauren stood watching Carl who was hanging upside down from a branch in one of the hundreds of trees that constantly surrounded them, seeming almost never-ending.

Carl opened his eyes.

"Why are you hanging off the Earth like a bat?" He asked and Lauren rolled her eyes and pulled his leg, causing him to fall a full five feet.

"Ouch," He groaned and rubbed the back of his head, glaring at Lauren who was laughing to herself.

"We have to go," She said, tugging on his arm.

"Where?" He asked and she shrugged.

"Do we ever know where we're going?" She asked and he chuckled.

"Fair answer."

The trees seemed to get thicker as they walked, the branches slowly began sloping downward as they passed each tree. Pine needles replaced leaves and brown wood turned darker.

"Something feels off," Lauren said and Carl nodded, sharing the same look of confusion with Lauren. "We are surrounded by Christmas trees without the damn baubles."

"What's that?" Carl asked, pointing to a small red and gold blob in the distance. He took off into a sprint and Lauren groaned.

"Men," She commented, "Or should I say, boys."

Carl stared down at the red package, neatly decorated with golden ribbon in confusion. He reached down to pick it up and Lauren grabbed his arm, yanking him back.

"There could be a bomb in there!" She scolded and Carl scoffed.

"Who puts bombs in presents?" He retorted and Lauren sighed.

"Who puts presents in the middle of a forest," She argued, "In the middle of the apocalypse."

"Okay," Carl raised his eyebrow. "Leave it there. I know you can't."

Lauren shot him a look of defiance and he began to walk away, she followed a few paces before turning round and bolting back towards the wrapped gift.

"I've lived a good life," She reasoned with herself, pulling at the ribbon on the parsel. "I can't miss this for the slight chance of getting blown up."