Chapter 30

I just wanted to start this chapter off by thanking xxxBBBxxx for this awesome comment above ^ on the last chapter of Daylight

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much positive comments mean to me and that is the nicest one I've ever heard! *tears up* I just love that people read my writing, no matter how crappy it is and you guys mean the world to me <3 I really enjoy sharing the crazy plot lines that pop into my head and I'm so glad you like them too :)

This chapter is dedicated to xxxBBBxxx , thanks again <3

~•~

Warning: This chap is pretty deep and depressing and all that stuff, I don't wanna give it away but read with caution <- It's probably not really bad and I'm super dramatic XD

~•~

"Like I'm dying tonight
And the whole world is laughing
Like everyone I love has gone away
I'm dying tonight
But no one is crying
It's not alright no matter what they say."

Makeshift Love - Good Charlotte

~•~

"It's too late."

"What— What do you mean?" Lauren stuttered out, her anger had deminished into a state of sadness and she felt nothing but lost.

"He's dead, that's what I mean."

Ethan's words held no sympathy, no empathy. He said them with malice, with a final attempt to shatter her heart into a million pieces. He wanted to see her break, because she refused to return the infactuation and adoration he felt with her. But every love has its limits and Ethan refused to let her be happy with anyone that wasn't him. Maybe he didn't love her really, he just wanted her, but ordering Carl's death was the only way he could secure his future. He thought that would be the case.

"Don't lie to me!" Lauren stepped back, bringing her hand to her mouth to muffle the sobs that racked through her body. She felt the hot tears run down her cheeks and she didn't have the strength to stop them, "You wouldn't.. You can't.. He.. no.."

Seeing her shatter into pieces, Ethan felt a slight twinge of guilt, but that was only for her desperate cries of pain, not for taking away the only person she was able to give her heart to. Lauren fell to her knees and sobbed, choking on her own sadness.

"I don't believe you," She said, anger and denial laced in the threads of sound that eminated from her pink lips. She shook her head, clutching at the material of her shirt, Carl's shirt, "You sick twisted asshole."

Lost in a moment of anger, Lauren clasped the hilt of her machete in her hands and brought it in a fast, deadly arc towards Ethan. The sharp blade sliced across his open neck, blood poured through the slit while Ethan held his hands to his wound, shocked, as he gagged on his own blood.

Lauren dropped her machete and gasped, she jumped foward and pressed her hands to his neck, a futile attempt in stopping the blood.

"No no no," She cried, fresh tears stinging her eyes while Ethan's watched hers, the light fading by the second, "I need to know where he is."