The Curse of the Screaming Skull

Começar do início

"Oh, so, what? You're done going through our wallets?" Leo questioned, and I stood up and placed my hands on Chase's shoulders. No, I'm not trying to flirt with him, I just want his attention.

"Yep!" Perry answered and raised the detector." How do you think I payed for this thing?!" I rolled my eyes, placing my chin on Chase's shoulder.

"If you need me, I'll be at the island across the way." Perry added, and I saw Douglas stop in his tracks.

"What island? The deserted one?" Douglas asked her.

"Yeah. Care to join me?" Perry asked, moving towards him more. "There's room for two in my inflatable kayak. If you're good we can play shipwrecked passenger and curious island native."

"How about we play shipwrecked passenger and rescue pilot?" Douglas suggested, nervously. "Who just keeps flying." He made a hand motion making his hand fly away. I giggled, which made Chase glance up at me, and I looked back at him. I want him back!

"Hey!" Bree exclaimed standing up and walking towards the two adults. "I've always wondered about that island? Oh! Maybe there are waterfalls" The three of us followed her, and I smiled nodding.

"Or a cave!" Leo added, getting excited.

"Or cool, new animals!" I smiled, standing in front of Chase.

"Oh, maybe we'll be introduced to cool, new species of insects!" Chase exclaimed excitedly, making us look at him.

"And then we can introduce them to an uncool species of human." Bree suggested, motioning to her brother, making me roll my eyes.

"Trust me, you don't want to go to that island." Douglas told us, walking in from of Bree. "From what I hear, that place is uninhabited for a reason. It's a scaring jungle, full of venomous snakes, rabid bats, and toxic plants that cause rashes." I grimaced at that, yeah I don't want to go anymore.

"Rashes don't bother me." Perry told him, making us look at her. "I'm rarely without one." She benga to scratch the back of her neck. Why do we have to deal with her again?

"I'm headed to the mainland, for a supply run." Douglas informed us, walking toward the hydro loop. He turned to look at us. "Just promise you won't go there!"

We kinda nodded, but Perry smiled at him. "Sure no problem." I could tell by the sound of her voice, that she was lying. Douglas soon left, and Perry looked at us.

"Well! I'm off, to that other island." Perry pointed in a direction, walking off. I knew it, how did I know? Oh yeah, it's Perry!

"Hey! Chase stopped her. "Douglas just told you not to go there."

"Yeah, well the only voices I listen to, are the three inside my head." Perry pointed to her head with three fingers. She then walked off, and Bree looked at us, and I shrugged, I guess we are going to that island.

🌺🌺--

We made it to the island and Douglas was not lying, this place was creepy. I expected it to be like a tropical island, with pretty flowers, waterfalls, now animals, and a beautiful scenery. Instead it was a creepy, old with dead trees and plants, with weird animals, and I didn't want to be here. One more sound and in out of here, I stayed close to Chase for protection. Oh don't judge me, I bet you would all be the same if you were me.

"Douglas was right. This place is creepy." Leo said, creeped out, as we stopped walking and I nodded, liking around. I don't like it here.

That's when a monkey screeched and I jumped into Chase's arms scared, and it freaked Leo out.