Space Elevator

I was standing next to Bree and Leo in the hydro loop entrance and I saw Davenport walk in.

"Heads up! We've got a visitor!" He told us, walking over to everyone.

"Is it a government agent coming to take us away?!" Adam asked, and I rolled my eyes. Davenport looked at him confused, wait we actually all looked at him like that.

"Our secrets been out for a year, why would they take us away now?" Chase asked him.

"Let's just say, I've done some things." He told us, and I just gave him a look.

"It's my chief scientist, Dr.Ryan. He is by far the smartest man I have ever worked with." Davenport informed us, and Chase looked offended.

"Ahem!" Chase got his attention and Davenport turned to him.

"Oh right, I'm sorry, I'm the smartest man, I've ever worked with." Davenport smiled, pointing at himself. I shook my head, when does this dude, not think of himself?

Davenport started walking towards the hydro loop. "Dr.Ryan was head of his class at MIT, and he's been Davenport industries employee of the month twice. That's never happened. Well, of course, except for me."

"You named your self employee of the month, at your own company." Leo asked, and Davenport nodded smiling.

" I think you love you, a little to much?" I continued for Leo, giggling. Chase wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"It's not because I love myself, it's because I'm better than everyone else." Davenport explained, bragging a bit. I rolled my eyes and Chase kissed my head, which made me smile.

Just then the hydro loop opened, to reveal a young looking guy, if Davenport wasn't here, I would've assumed he was a lost boy.

"Hey! Hey!" He greeted, walking out. "Sup dudes, lady dudes." He walked in between Bree and I.

"This is your esteem chief scientist?" Bree asked, kinda laughing. Davenport nodded.

"And employee of the month. I got the parking space and everything. I don't drive, but my mom uses it when she picks me up." Dr.Ryan told us, and we gave him weird looks. "That's right! Twenty-eight, and still living rent-free in my parents basement! Jealous?" Did he really think that was cool, because it's not.

"Nope." Bree and I told him.

Bree walked over to one of the cyber desk and sat down on the seat and we followed Davenport.

"Dr.Ryan is here to construct and test Davenport industries' new Space Elevator." Davenport explained and Chase looked upset and mad.

"Space Elevator?!" Chase asked, angered and upset. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"See, this is why people are out of shape. You should be building space stairs." Adam pointed, and I rolled my eyes. If I had a dime for every time I rolled my eyes at Adam. I would be rich!

"It's a highly advanced transport that climbs a tether all the way to our space stations. Since its held up by gravity, we can resupply without ever using a rocket." Dr.Ryan explained to us, and a diagram of the space elevator, appeared on the screen.

He turned to Chase, who looked mad. "Chase you look confused and/or constipated, do you have a question?"

"Yes!" Chase exclaimed and pointed at Dr.Ryan. "Why is he working on this?! The space elevator was my protect, and I've been working on it for years!"

"Yes, but I had to pass it off so you could be a mentor." Davenport explained to him. I guess that makes sense, but he could've aleast told him sooner. "Don't worry, Dr.Ryan's been working of your research." He continued. Now I just feel bad for my boyfriend.