Chapter 44

(Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than what I'd usually write)

***RECAP***

"So Miss Sahyounie just to confirm, the possible fathers of your child are; Aaron Jones, Luke Brooks and James Yammouni, is that correct?" She asked.

"Yes, that is correct." I replied.

"We've looked at your DNA results and found out who the father to you child is." She paused.

This is it...

"The father to your child is..."

***END OF RECAP***

"The father of your child is." The nurse began.

"Luke Brooks."

"Luke?" I mumbled.

"That is correct." She confirmed.

I felt happy, yet guilty at the same time. I was happy it wasn't Aaron's baby, which meant I definitely wouldn't have to see him again, but I also felt really guilty because soon I would have to be telling James; my boyfriend, that I was having someone else's baby!

-----

Hannah and I were currently on the way home. None of us had said a word since we'd left the hospital. I guess she was just scared that she might say the wrong thing.

"How am I going to tell James?" I choked out breaking the silence as I was struggling to hold back tears the oncoming tears.

"However you tell him, I'm sure he'll understand Steph. He has to. He said he'd be there for you right? Even if the baby wasn't his, he said he'd stick by you." She told me.

"What if he didn't mean those words."

"He did Steph. He really cares about you, he wants for you to be happy, even if that means you having a child that isn't his."

"I guess you're right." I agreed with what she was saying.

From then on the rest of the journey back home was back to silence.

"I'll see you soon yeah." Hannah spoke as I got out of her car.

"Yeah definitely." I replied.

"Good luck." She smiled.

"Thank you." I said before waving good bye.

I approached the front door, dreading the next few minutes that were to come.

"I'm home." I called as I closed the front door behind me.

"Hey." Jai smiled, as he came out of the living room.

I returned the smile as best as I could.

"How'd it go?" He asked, pulling me into a hug.

"Can you get everyone in the living room? I want to tell everyone at once, it'll be must easier." I said ignoring his question, as I was unsure how to reply to it.

I didn't want to tell James on his own, I wanted everyone to find out at once. That way I'd be able to see all their reactions.

"Sure." He cooed, pulling away from the hug.

I went and sat on the sofa in the living room, waiting for everyone to come join.

It wasn't long before everyone had entered the living room, and sat down on the sofa. Beau, Daniel and James all took a seat on one sofa, and Jai joined came and sat beside me.

It took me a couple seconds before I could any words.

"Well I got the results." I started off by stating the obvious as I looked down at my lap fiddling with the ring on my finger, trying to avoid any eye contact with anyone at this precise moment in time.

"Is it good news?" Beau asked. I didn't know how I would answer his question.

I looked up, into James's eyes his eyes looked so hopeful. Little did he know, he was going to be very disappointed. James and I had talked about what we'd do if the child was his. He wanted it so bad. I found it really hard to get my words out.

"I'm having Luke's baby." I mumbled, just loud enough so be heard.

"Luke's?" I heard Daniel say.

I nodded, as I wiped a fallen tear from my cheek.

I looked over at James who's gaze had now fallen to the floor, his eyes had sunk, as had his facial expression.

"James?" I cooed, hoping for a reply.

He looked up at me, looking me straight in the eyes.

"I'm happy for you." He tried his best to smile, even though I could see how hurt he was.

"Well, regardless I'm happy for you." Beau spoke.

"Thank you." I hugged him.

I hugged Daniel, followed by Jai as they both congratulated me.

"We'll leave you two to talk." Beau smiled, as him and the others walked through to the kitchen.

I mouthed a quick 'thank you' and turned back to James.

"James, speak to me." I cooed.

"I told you, I'm happy for you." He looked up at me.

"But I can see you're hurt." I pointed out.

"I am, of course I am. I mean, I've just found out that the love of my life is having someone else's baby, that's something that I'm going to have to put up with for the rest of my life." He told me. "But regardless I really am happy for you Steph, and I'm sure Luke will be when he wakes up."

'When he wakes up'?

What is he doesn't wake up?

"If he wakes up." I mumbled, as a tear rolled down my cheek once again due to the thought of Luke not waking up.

"Hey, hey, he's going to wake up okay. And when he does, he'll be prepared to be the best father he could possibly be." He comforted me.

I looked into his eyes. God they're beautiful. We both began to slowly leaned in and our lips connected for a short, sweet kiss. Our lips stayed perfectly in sync for a few seconds until James pulled away and spoke;

"Everything's going to be perfect."

**************************************

So, who guessed it was going to be Luke's?

Who's happy that it is Luke's baby?

Or if you're not, who's did you want it to be?

- Olivia xoxo