Chapter 15

"So." He began nervously. I could tell by the look on Aaron's face that he wasn't really ready to tell what he was about to.

"Are you sure your okay with telling me this?" I asked him. He nodded before speaking again.

"It started just after I left for England." He paused. "I wasn't coping very well with the fact that you had gone, the fact that I'd never see you again."

"Go on." I told him.

"Well long story short I missed you. I missed you so much that I had to try and find away to stop thinking about you, you were all I thought about and I was ruining my life. I tired everything but nothing seemed to work. Until I found one thing that did. Well for a while it did anyway. I told myself never to do this, but it was too late I needed something, and I needed it bad." He stopped.

"What did you do?" I asked nervously.

"I - I, became addicted, addicted to drugs." He stuttered. I never thought I'd hear those words in my life, especially not from him. I didn't quite believe him at first, I didn't know how to react to what he'd just told me.

"Oh." Was all that managed to escape my mouth.

I was still still really shocked at what he'd just said to me, Aaron was the last person I'd expect to do something like that. It couldn't quite sink in. The question that kept replaying in my mind was, is he over them? Is he still using them? If he is I wanted to make sure I helped him overcome this habit as best I could.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds, before I decided that it would have to be me to break the tension, by asking him the question I wanted to know most.

"Do, do you still like do them?" I asked nervously.

"No,well I haven't had any in about a month or so now, but lately I've been getting cravings again and I've been trying my best to try and forget about the cravings, and tell myself I don't need them." He told me. I could tell he was feeling a little better telling me now, he seemed to have loosened up a bit, he spoke much more confidently than he was before.

"I'll try everything I can to make sure you get over this habit once and for all. I'm here for you Aaron, every step of the way." I comforted him with a gentle smile.

"Thank you so much Steph, your such a good friend I'm so glad I'm finally with you again." He said pulling me into a friendly hug.

"Awe thank you, and your welcome." I giggled.

Aaron continued explaining the story of him getting into drugs, how he felt, and how he lost basically everyone. He was saying about how he only moved to LA about three weeks ago and that he wanted this to be a fresh start for him. I listened to every word he told me carefully making sure to register the whole story he was telling me properly.

"Shit." I mumbled checking my phone for the time. It was 10:00pm. How did it even get this late? It only felt like we had met a couple hours ago. How wrong was I though?

"What is it?" Aaron questioned in a slightly worried tone.

"Oh it's just I said I would of only been a couple hours." I began. "It's ten o'clock now Daniel is gunna kill me." I joked.

"Oh right sorry, it's me rambling on." Aaron laughed.

"Awe it's fine don't worry about it." I told him with a reassuring smile. "Well I guess I had better get going now. Thank you for telling me what happened. It was really brave of you to tell me everything like that, just remember I'm always here for you okay. Til the end. Don't hesitate to text or call me if you need anything okay?" I continued, standing up and beginning to walk over to the door.