Chapter 6

I woke up that morning excited for the day ahead of me, I knew I was going to have a good time with James and Jai at the mall. But I also couldn't stop thinking about what James told me yesterday. I decided to try and forget about it, I wasn't going to let it get me down.

I got out of bed and opened my curtains revealing the beautiful blue sky, and then walked into the bath room to have a shower. I did everything I usually did in the shower, then brushed my teeth and walked through to my room to get ready. I blow dried my hair and straightened it, then applied some light foundation, mascara, and a little bit of bronzer then applied some pink lip gloss, before heading over to my wardrobe. I picked out some white denim shorts and a bright florescent blue crop top, which I then paired with my grey Nike Huaraches. I looked in the mirror and was pretty pleased with what I saw. I wasn't normally the type of person to compliment myself but today I actually looked pretty decent.

I walked down the stairs and was greeted with a hug from Luke.

"MORNING!" he shouted.

"Hey Luke. I'm right here you know, there's no need to shout" we both laughed.

"So your going to the mall with James and Jai are you?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, you coming along to?" I replied.

"Nah I think I'll stay in for today, I'm still a little tired to be honest." Luke yawned. I nodded and walked over to the kitchen. I was greeted by Daniel giving me a tight hug, which was weird for him he wasn't normally the type of person to give out hugs.

"Me and the boys are having a party tomorrow night, you gunna join in?" He asked.

"Yeah sure, it'll be fun" I smiled. The time was now almost 10 o'clock and we would be heading off to the mall anytime now. Then James and Jai came walking down stairs. James looked at me with a cheeky smile.

"You look great" He grinned. Did he actually just compliment me? I smiled back at him blushing slightly. He looked at me with a cheeky look on his face. God he was so cute!

We decided to walk to the mall as it was only probably about a 15-20 minute walk from the house, but I didn't really mind as I had James and Jai for company. Before we knew it we were there. We all decided to eat first, so we headed over to McDonald's. After we finished eating we headed to the shops. It was my first time shopping in LA and I was really excited, I had always wanted to check out all the high end shops here.

We went over to forever 21 first. I brought a couple different pairs of high waisted shorts, a few crop tops, this beautiful new bikini, and lovely high waisted skater skirt. Just as we were about to walk out of the shop after paying something caught my eye. It was a beautiful black tight, bodycon dress.

"I have to try this on!" I squealed with excitement.

"Fine but be quick" Jai grinned. I went over to the changing rooms to try on the dress, it fit perfectly. It was about mid thigh length, but i noticed it was also quite open and reveling around the chest area. It didn't bother me that much though, I really liked this dress. Once getting changed into my clothes again I headed over to the cash register to pay. This dress would be perfect for the party the boys were having tomorrow night.

"Hey!" Jai called as I came walking out of the shop to find them both messing around.

"Did you buy the dress?" James questioned as we began to walk around in search of more shops to look in.

"Yeah, I really loved it. I had to buy it" I giggled. James smiled at me and I smiled back. His smile would be the death of me. Every time he smiled I felt butterflies in my stomach, but deep down I knew I had to try and get over him. He was clearly in love with someone else, besides I don't think Daniel would approve of me dating one of his best friends.

A few hours past and we decided to head back. The walk back went pretty fast when we got home it was almost 2:30pm. We had actually been out a lot longer than I thought, it went so quick though.

When we entered the house Luke, Daniel and Beau were all outside in the pool.

"You coming in!?" I heard Beau shout.

"Yeah let me just get changed!" I called back. I headed up stairs to unpack all my stuff that I had brought from the mall and decided to try on my new bikini. It was a florescent pink colour with a lacey detailing to it, I then threw on a baggy dirty pig top over the top of it. I put my hair up into a messy bun and headed downstairs. As walked through to the kitchen I noticed James just sitting there with his head down looking rather upset about something.

"James are you okay?" I asked. He looked up at me and half smiled.

"Yeah" Is all he replied trying to smile but failing. I didn't like seeing him upset. I went over and stood next to him.

"I know your lieing, I can tell when your lieing James I know you, tell me what's up" I said in a soft tone trying to comfort him by putting my hand on the bottom of his back. He stood up and hugged me. The hug lasted for quite a while before he unwrapped his arms from around me.

"Its nothing for you to worry about, its quite stupid actually." He said, I smiled at him.

"Tell me James I hate seeing you upset even if it is something quite stupid." I answered back emphasizing the words 'quite stupid'.

"You will laugh at me." He said embarrassed.

"I won't I promise." I smiled back.

"Its just you know that girl I told you about. The one that I like" He said cautiously. I nodded.

"Its just, I can't seem to get her out of my head. I need to move on cos she clearly doesn't like me back and even if she did we wouldn't be able to be together anyway." He said. I felt bad for James feeling like this. I thought to myself for a few seconds, this is exactly how I feel about James. I decided that I should tell him that I was in the same situation as him. But I definitely couldn't tell him it was him I was in love with.

"James, to be honest I know exactly how you feel, I'm the exact situation as you right now." I said looking down.

"Really? You are?" He asked.

"Yeah. There's this boy I like, we are really close and I've liked him for a really long time now actually but, we can't be together, people wouldn't approve of it if we did anyway. I think I need to some how try and get over him." I couldn't believe I was telling the person I loved exactly how I felt about them, without them having a clue it was them I was talking about.

James nodded. I think deep down he knew he had to try and get over this girl he liked, just as I had to try and get over him.

*******************************************

Hope you are all enjoying it so far, sorry for the late update its just hard to update a regularly as I would like to when I have school and that. x

- Olivia xoxo