Chapter 13

***STEPH'S POV***

I woke up to the sight of the bright blue sky peering through a small gap my curtains. I felt a lot better now than what I had been these last couple days. I've been feeling really tired lately and I'm not one hundred percent why.

I hauled myself out of bed and slung open my turquoise coloured curtains. I decided to skip breakfast this morning as I was planning to go to the mall today later on, so I would get something to eat there. I showered doing my usual shower routine; shaving my legs and any other places necessary and washing my hair and body. I then brushed my teeth and applied my moisturiser. I sat down in front the mirror which was on my the desk and started applying my makeup. I applied foundation, bronzer, a small amount of eyeshadow, mascara, finishing a matte nude coloured lipstick. Looking through my wardrobe I decided on wearing a pair of white high waisted shorts and a black crop top. I then added my Timberland boots and my rose gold Michael Kors watch, before putting my hair up in a messy half up half down, top knot style.

I grabbed my bag and my rose gold iPhone 6s and went over into the kitchen to tell Daniel that I was heading out, as none of the others were up yet.

"Daniel, I'm now gunna go to the mall for a couple hours, I'll message you when I'm on my way back." I said to my brother.

"Okay, stay safe." He replied.

"I will don't worry." I told him. I gave him a hug and headed out.

The mall was about a 20 minute walk from the boys house, but it didn't bother me too much as it was a nice day and I enjoyed the hot weather.

"Right, I need to get a few new tops first." I quietly mumbled to myself. Forever 21 was the first shop I went to, followed by H&M and Urban Outfitters. An hour and a half or so had pasted and I was feeling a little hungry so I decided to go to the nearest Starbucks.

"One passion tea lemonade and one triple chocolate muffin please." I told the person working at the checkout.

"Sure thing." He replied while typing my order out onto the cash register. Our eyes caught each others attention for a few seconds.

"Steph?" He stuttered, looking confused.

"Aaron?" I mumbled. I couldn't believe it. It really was him.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned still in shock.

"Erm, well I guess I could ask you the same thing." I laughed. It really was him, he's changed so much since I last saw him. We had dated a couple years ago but unfortunately we broke up after being together for one year. Aaron had to move to England for his job and neither of us liked the idea of having a long distance relationship, so thought it would be best to end it.

"So why are you hear, I thought you were in England?" I asked him.

"The team and I had to move here in LA, yourself?"

"My parents moved out of Melbourne so I moved to LA to live with Daniel and a few of his friends, until I get a place of my own. And wait you have two jobs?" I told him.

"Yeah I work here most mornings, my other jobs is weekends and occasionally the odd day or two in the week. But anyways how have you been?" He said.

"Ah I see, and pretty good I guess, you?"

"A lot better now that I've seen you. You honestly don't know how much I've missed you Steph." He told me. This made me blush slightly.

"Anyway I have to carry on working now, here's your order, see you around?" He smiled, passing me my order.

"Yeah, definitely. Here I'll give you my number." I said to him, while writing down my number on a piece of paper for him, we then said goodbye to each other.

I still couldn't quite believe that Aaron was here, in LA. He was the last person I'd expect to see here. I'm looking forward to catching up with him though, it's been a while.

I went into a couple more shops before I began walking home. I had brought a little more than I had planned to on this trip, I'd only been gone about three and a half hours or so though, so for me this was a 'quick shopping trip'. I'd brought four new crop tops, a couple long sleeved tops and a couple baggy jumpers as I didn't have many. I also brought a new pair of jeans and a pair of acid wash high waisted shorts, along with a variety accessories.

Finally I was home. I immediately ran up stairs and threw myself down onto my bed. I laid there for a couple of minutes before unpacking all of the new items I had just brought. After five minutes or so I was done. All of a sudden my phone went of, I had a text message from an unknown number.

Text from: Unknown Number

Hey Steph it's Aaron. It was good to see you today, can't wait to catch up properly. What you up to tomorrow? Fancy meeting somewhere, my treat ;) xx

I saved the number to my contacts.

Text to: Aaron

Hi, yeah it was, it's been a while :( As far as I know I'm not doing anything tomorrow so yeah sounds like a plan ;) xx

Within a few seconds I got a reply.

Text from: Aaron

Meet you at Maccas around 12:30 ? xx

Text to: Aaron

See you then :) xx

In a way I was kind of nervous about meeting up with Aaron tomorrow. I know I shouldn't be, I mean I used to date him for gods sake, I've known him for years. It was just going to be different this time. For some reason Aaron didn't seem the same as he used to, something about the way he acted seemed, different.

Back in Melbourne when we were in school Aaron would always play soccer. He ended up having to move to England with the team in the end. Aaron always was one of the 'popular'guys in school. He was fairly tall and had tanned skin and a nice, toned body. He had gorgeous, sparkling blue eyes, and his hair was a sort of dirty blonde colour, which was always styled swept over to the left in a perfect quiff.

Most of the girls in Penola wanted him, a few were jealous when they found out we were together. If I'm honest our relationship was one of the best I've ever been in, he always knew how to treat me right, he was such a gentleman. One of the things I liked about Aaron was that he wasn't the 'clingy' type. He'd let me go and enjoy a night out with my friends, he'd let me have other male friends besides him and he wouldn't seem to get jealous when I talked to other guys unlike some of my previous boyfriends. I missed Aaron, I missed being with him. Wait, what am I saying? I'm in love with James.

No. Please don't tell me that I might be getting feelings for him again, it must be because I've now realised how much I really did miss him. Not that it would be a bad thing it's just, I'm in love with James now. James makes me feel safe, when I'm with James I feel as if nothing could hurt me. He makes me happy.

I don't want my feelings for James to change now. I want him.

*********************************************************

Are you guys liking it so far? Please comment your opinions of the book so far, it really helps me out. Thank you :)

- Olivia xoxo