Chapter 28

***3 DAYS LATER***

I woke up today feeling rather energetic. James and I were I guess what you would consider 'back to normal', we had been spending the last couple days together, and I was really enjoying being in his company again.

Luke and I hadn't spoken about what happened the other night. But the thing I was most happy about what that things aren't awkward between us. The last thing I would want to happen is for mine and Luke's friendship to be affected. We still acted exactly the same around one another.

I was meeting Aaron today, which I was slightly nervous about. I mean I know Aaron didn't mean to do what he did, but a part of me is scared invade he does it again. Or worse.

After showering, applying my normal makeup, straightening my hair, dressing in a black romper which had a slightly low cut front, and a pair of black ankle gladiator sandals I was ready for the day ahead of me.

The time was now 11:45 so I had a good half an hour or so before I had to leave.

"Where are you going today?" Beau asked me as I walked into the kitchen, where all the boys were chatting away to one another.

"Erm going over a friends house." I spoke.

"Who?" Daniel asked.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes."

"Just a friend Daniel geez I'm nineteen I can do what I want." I said rather frustrated.

"Sorry I guess I'm just a little over protective." He replied apologetically.

"It's okay." I half smiled.

-----

"I think I'm getting worse." Aaron told me.

"I'm here to help." I said.

I arrived at Aaron's about an hour ago. He had been telling me how he was feeling and that he's been drinking more and taking drugs more often. He said he couldn't help himself, he has to take them to get him through the day, even if it's just a small amount of something he needs something.

"I need something now." He spoke.

"No Aaron. No you don't. If you want to  get better you have to power through this. Block out the cravings and the need to do it. Stop yourself from dong it."

"I can't Steph. I can't." He put his head in his hands.

*Ring ring. Ring ring*

"Sorry, I have to take this." Aaron told him as he picked up his phone from the coffee table in front of us, before walking out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"You don't have anything?!" I heard Aaron tell.

"What the fuck man!" He continued.

Who is he talking to?

***AARON'S POV***

"Sorry, I have to take this." I told Steph as I picked up my phone, before walking into the kitchen and answering the call.

"Hey Aaron I'm not gunna be able to get you your usual amount tonight." I listened as my friend Kyle spoke down the phone.

Kyle was my usual supplier for the drugs I take and now he's telling me he doesn't have anything?!

"You don't have anything?!" I yelled down the phone.

If he doesn't have anything then I'm gunna be craving all day. I'll ensue going mental without them I can't control myself. It's gotten that bad that I really struggle even going through the night sometimes.

"No I'm sorry bro I don't." Kyle told me and with that he hung up.

"Ah what the fuck man!" I shouted at the phone.

Now I was in a bad mood. A very bad mood. And when I was in a bad mood I wasn't really someone you'd want to speak to.

A wave of anger rushed over me and I began throwing and smashing random objects.

"What's happened?" I heard Steph's voice behind me.

"Fuck off." I snapped.

"Fuck I was just trying to help."

"Well I don't want your help Steph so fuck off!" I continued.

"Not until you tell me what's happened!" She raised her voice slightly this time.

"Steph! I said fuck off for fucks sake now go!" And with that my hand made contact with her face.

This time I didn't feel sorry for her, or bad that I had hurt her.

Maybe this us the new me? What I've become?

"Your a fucking dickhead Aaron! Fuck you!" She yelled as she ran out of the kitchen.

I heard the front door slam shut a few seconds later signalling that she'd left.

***STEPH'S POV***

"What's happened?" I spoke as I walked into the kitchen to find a very angry Aaron.

"Fuck off." He snapped.

Geez what's his problem?

"Fuck I was just trying to help." I told him.

"Well I don't want your help Steph so fuck off!" He continued.

"Not until you tell me what's happened!" I raised my voice slightly this time.

"Steph! I said fuck off for fucks sake now go!" As soon as those last words escaped his mouth I felt a burning sensation across my face.

He slapped me again?!

It felt a lot like last time he did it. This time a little harder actually.

"Your a fucking dickhead Aaron! Fuck you!" I yelled at him.

I didn't hesitate to wait for him to 'explain himself' I was done.

As soon as I finished speaking my last sentence I ran out of the kitchen and back into the living room. I grabbed my bag and opened the front door making sure to slam it loudly behind me.

This was the second time he had done this and I wasn't going to forgive him now. I wasn't going to help him like I promised either. I'm finished with him and his anger problems.

I mean who knows what he could do next if I was to continue to try and 'help him'?

-----

I got home and was greeted by Luke near enough straight away.

"Did anything happen?" He asked.

"No it went fine." I lied. I think he believed me, though but then again I wasn't one hundred percent sure if he did or not.

"Okayyyy." He replied dragging the 'y'. To be honest I don't think he's convinced. I gave him a tight hug and he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

After I sent him a half smile before running upstairs. Moments later there was a faint at the door.

"Come in." I cooed.

"Hey." James said as he entered my room, shutting it behind him.

"Hey." I replied.

"How'd it go? Anything happen?" He asked.

"No, I just told the same thing to Luke, it went fine." I stated.

"Good." He replied again half believing me just a Luke did.

"Anyways I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight? I have a little surprise." He spoke breaking the awkward silence in the room.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I spoke honestly. I really wanted to get as close to James as I was before.

"Be ready by eight ok." He told me.

"Will do." I cooed. He wrapped his arms around me and we embraced one another for a moment.