Chapter 32

--- 32 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

I wish I could bury my face in ground or at the least, run away. It was getting really strange. Thanks to Chase I was getting the best possible attention and obnoxious staring that was burning holes right through me.

The news of me visiting the guy’s toilet was all over the place by the next period. It was humiliating. The accusatory glares and funny staring was just the beginning of the worst when suddenly guys started to hoot-whistle when ever I passed the bunch of them. Girls were even worst.

I really wish I could run away or hide my face somewhere. But that would do no good until I burst all the anger out at Chase for putting me in this situation at the first place.

He wasn’t around for that though. For the next couple of periods I didn’t see him.

Somehow I felt relieved not to be with him so at least I wouldn’t wander off to the exuberant part of my mind where I found myself passionate for Chase, longing for his touch, wanting to hear him say he wanted to be with me… And on the other hand I was worried about not seeing him.

Just to make sure he was fine. And not acting weird.

But where the hell was he?

“That’s quite a scandal you’ve made there.” Gage spoke catching behind me.

I rolled my eyes at him as he grinned. “Thanks to your stupid friend!”

He laughed. “Stupid and audacious.”

“Right.” I grinned, nodding in return. “Talking of your audacious friend, where is he?”

“I came to ask the same question. I thought he might be with you since he’s been so keen in staying with you that he even made you visit our,” he gestured at himself. “prestigious place.” he laughed as my face flushed. “So how was the experience?”

“Horrible!” I replied quickly. “And not to mention embarrassing.”

He barked out a laugh and looked at me with his moistened eyes. “You know, most girls would die to go in there.”

I frowned. “I doubt that. It wasn’t a pleasant sight with guys standing with their pe—” I bit my tongue hard, eating my words back. Gage glared down at me laughingly and my face went burning red. Shit! Couldn’t I just stay quiet!?

“What a horrible sight…” He commented barely suppressing his laugh.

I looked away from him, embarrassed twice as much as I was before.

“So, um…” Gage started after finally controlling the fits. “You haven’t seen then?” I snapped my head up. “Chase, I mean.” He mumbled embarrassingly.

“Nope.” I blew out. “Not since… well…”

He nodded, chuckling inwardly as I trailed off. God It was awkward! I hated being awkward, especially with the few people I was friends with.

Before the awkwardness would kill us both, Gage’s phone buzzed. Vaguely I noticed people around us checking their phones too. Some network huh?

“Crap!” Gage breathed.

I looked up at him curiously. “What?”

“We’ve got a problem.” He looked up from the phone at me with serious, almost darkened expressions. “It’s Chase.”

*Chase Lancaster*

I hadn’t been quiet able to recover myself from the sudden blow of the realization that had hit me like a lightening bolt when all of a sudden Brandon Montgomery had launched himself upon me.