Chapter 8

--- 8 ---

*Arianna Carlson*

It was hard not to think about what was about to happen. But even thinking about things that could possibly happen didn’t make me tensed. My heart was very normal; I wasn’t shaking for feeling nervous. Maybe it was because I knew Chase Lancaster had suffered. That was enough for me.

Before we left New York I had seen the papers, revealing the news of me being a Carlson and how Chase Lancaster had married me out of desperation. Only thinking about what the news might have done to him made me smile. But the only abnormal think that was happening to me was whenever I smiled at the thought of Chase’s madness over this, his face floods in my mind and the hallucination of his angry expressions, sucked the smile away.

Chase was scary. The thought of being with him was scary. I don’t know how the girls ever get awed by him! They just don’t know what he really is.

I shrugged his thoughts away and went to change my dress.

I landed in LA almost five hours ago but I was still preoccupied by Chase and his evilness. Some part in me wished I’d stayed there to see how he reacted to the news but the other part of me wanted to run away from him and never see him but I was a little unfortunate.

Nothing that I did had changed the fact that Lancaster’s had to meet us and they were here. Chase wasn’t with them but I knew he won’t be long gone. He won’t wanna miss the chance to crush me down.

A shiver ran down my spine as the water poured down. I took as much time in bathing me and then getting into the dress mom and chose for me to wear. After blow-drying my hair and wearing a little make-up, I looked at myself in the mirror for long time – not because I had to look beautiful but because I had to see myself as a person that could take Chase down.

I sighed and got out. I still didn’t want to go down in front of them. How will I face them? Face them all? My parents and his parents?

I literary jumped from the knock on the door. Mom came in and smiled widely looking at me. I was half sure she was remembering the time when Dad was there to see her.

“You look so beautiful…” she kissed my forehead. “I think its time you should come down Ari, they’ve been waiting the whole evening.” Mom told me.

“I’ll be down in a minute.” I told her and she sensed something in my voice. I couldn’t keep anything from my parents.

“Sweetheart, I and your dad know everything.” I felt my heart skipping a beat. “Just remember, if there is anything you want to tell us, we are here. There’s nothing more important to us than you.” There was something in her eyes that I couldn’t interpret.

She smiled at me one more time and left. I just stood there stunned. Do they really know all of it? Did they know that I was married to the guy who was coming over to see me?  Will they break me and Chase up or make me live with him? Weren’t they mad at him for doing this to me?

My head started spinning and my heart raced out of order. I needed fresh air so I walked into the balcony. I inhaled a lot of evening breeze and closed my eyes until I heard a car parking in the garage. After approximately three minutes a carelessly suited guy got out.

It was Chase. The way he got out and stood against the car and gazed at the house showed his exasperation. His eyes were filled with disgust and hatred and even from such a distance I could feel his dirty intentions. Something in me was shouting ‘alert’. He wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t had something in his mind.