Chapter 14

--- 14 ---

*Chase Lancaster*

The darkness was subsiding and residing rhythmically as the limo moved along the road. I stared into the shallow darkness, distantly aware of the thumping of my heart and slow, unnerved breathing which was agitated just minutes ago. My mind was still numb and there was an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I wished it subsided, wished I could let it out of me. But I was captivated. The feel of her skin was still lingering on my fingers.

I closed my eyes, letting her eyes haunt me once more. The exotic blue eyes… a deep ocean of electric blue.

It was the third time that I had reeled the moment in my mind. The stillness of the moment… the lingering sensation… What had happened?

All of a sudden, why was it so important to just keep standing there, behind her, so close and stare back into her eyes?

Why had my heart leapt as I touched her?

How come I had wanted that moment to stretch a little longer than it already was?

Why had I, as I stared into her eyes through the mirror, wanted to turn her around and crush myself against her?

Lust. A small voice rang in my ear. Just lust.

Yeah? So why did I duck out?

Why did I leave without her? I know I can control my lustrous urges, so why didn’t I wait for her? Why did I tell Gage to pick her up?

Her nude back, perfectly curved and so vulnerable flashed in my mind and I snapped my eyes open, feeling my palms sweaty and my heart racing out of order.

“We are here Master Chase.” The chauffeur announced watching me carefully.

*Arianna Lancaster*

It had taken a while for the uncomfortable feeling –the nerved hotness to settle. After that, I had found it hard to concentrate at anything. My hair turned out to be disastrous after umpteenth attempt to make it stay as a passable up-do, so I let it go, letting it hang down loosely.

This was not what I had wanted. I wanted to look perfect for some unknown reason and all I could do was to think about Chase!

His breath softly lingering over the nape sensitively…

The smell of his cologne filling inside me…

His lips slightly parted…

His eyes… reflect an uneasy tranquility…

“Urgh!” I let out an irritated sigh, giving up every effort to groom myself anymore. Only if I hadn’t asked Chase to help me with the zip!

Before I could flame myself with all the anger over Chase, Gage came to my rescue. Though he couldn’t fix my hair or my foul anger, but somehow he managed to calm me. To my greatest surprised, he never asked why he was doing the job of taking me to the Ball when I should be with Chase.

Gage had let me in through the back door because I couldn’t gather my nerve to face public yet.

“You can’t hide for long, you know that right?” he grinned.

“If it wasn’t for your stupid friend, I’d never feel worst about showing my face to anyone.” I couldn’t even smile because suddenly I was feeling nauseated. The sound of shallow murmuring, light music echoing down the hall and clinkering of glass over the giggling of girls and haughty laughter of men… was all too much to take.