Chapter 20

--- 20 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

What ever that I did with Chase had left me shaken too. My insides were sore from the struggle to keep myself in control. Having Chase this close to me and controlling him and controlling me to not cross beyond the limits was agonizing.

At times I thought I wouldn’t be able to control myself. I wanted to push past my limits, his limits. I could still feel the hard thudding of his heart, somewhere nudging inside me.

As I walked back to Brandon –who was watching me wide eyed and his eyebrows were sky high, I tried my best to snap out of the dilemma.

“I can explain that.” I told Brandon, picking up my bag and swinging it around my shoulder. “We have nothing going on.” Honesty was the best policy but it didn’t relax Brandon. He just looked at me. I heaved a sigh and grasping his wrist, I started walking. He continued to look down at me but didn’t say anything.

We turned round the corner and found an empty corridor. I let him go and stared back in his blue eyes. “Look, Chase is a tool. I needed to show him that he doesn’t own me. I know it must have looked slutty but it was nothing. We didn’t kiss.”

“Then what the hell was that?” his eyes weren’t confused anymore but accusatory.

“That was a show.” I felt tired. To get Chase stumbling down, I’d left myself weak. “You have to trust me Brandon.” I said pleadingly. I suddenly felt guilty. Brandon was here because of me and I was flirting with someone else, who happened to be my Husband!

“I do trust you Ari. I just— to watch you with another guy and not do anything, it’s just so unfair.” He sighed frustratingly and leaned against the wall.

“Who said life’s fair?” I smiled sadly. “I’m sorry you have to go through this. If it makes you feel any better, Chase and I are getting divorce in a week or two.” Or at least I hoped we did.

A smile touched his gleaming eyes. “I’ve waited long enough; I guess I can make it through that.” He grasped my arms and pulled me to a hug. A sudden sensation filled me. It was calming, soothing and unlike Chase’s intense electrifying touch, it was warm. It was melting.

All the energy that had strained through me seemed to be retrieving back. Don’t know how long we stood there embracing each other but we quickly parted as we heard people approaching our way. Unnoticed; they passed us. I caught bits of their conversation. Mine and Chase’s latest public encounter.

Brandon frowned. “Weren’t these people babbling about us just minutes ago?”

I turned to him, watching him seriously. I was finding it hard to say, but he had to know. “Brandon…” I started, already feeling my mouth dry. “…from now on, to them we are just friends. Alright?”

He smiled understandingly. “And for you?”

My heart leapt. Brandon and I can still happen. No Chase can stop us. “Could you give me a ride back home?”

“Sure.” He grinned and we both walked out. I wasn’t surprised to see Brandon’s heavy metal bike. I’d been riding on this for long. I wasn’t scared of it anymore. “You brought it with you?”

“Couldn’t leave the second love of my life for the first.” He chuckled.

 Grinning I snatched the helmet from him and settled behind him, wrapping my arms around his stomach.

“By the way, I wonder how Chase held up.” he glanced behind at me, starting up the bike. “You were incredibly seductive.”

I couldn’t answer him, because the only thing that came out of me was a scream as we hit the road on a bullet speed.