twenty-four

Wendy and Yeri led the boys into the SM Training Gym. Jungkook's eyes lit up as he saw all of the machines around the room, much larger than a normal gym. He had been wanting to go to the SM gym ever since Yeri started to describe it to him. Big Hit still didn't have the funds to spend thousands of dollars on workout gear like SM clearly did.

Wendy started laughing when Jin tried to turn out of the room but Jimin stopped him from leaving. The girls knew that the gym could look intimidating at first, but they essentially ignored all of the machines that they didn't use.

Being mid-February and Red Velvet's official comeback just around the corner, Wendy moved straight to the treadmill. It was the best way to slim down without building too much muscle as long as she walked for a long amount of time without over exhilarating herself.

All of the boys moved around the room, glancing at all of the machines that they could use. Yeri started moving towards the treadmills so that she could sweat to the least potential, but she was stopped by Jungkook holding her wrist.

"Why don't I teach you how to really work out?" Jungkook asked, smiling with his mouth closed. Yeri glanced at his bare arms, the shirt that he was wearing complementing the curves that he created through working out.

She simply nodded and let Jungkook lead her to a machine that she would traditionally never even glance at. Jungkook sat on the seat and propped his arms in front of two metal poles. He started pulling the poles together so that his arms were right in front of his face and pulled them apart again.

Yeri noticed that there was a pulley that was attached to the poles and there were weights at the end of the pulley. Jungkook was pulling up the whole stack of weights without even breaking a sweat.

He stood from the machine and motioned for Yeri to sit which she quickly did. She noticed that Jungkook moved behind her and adjusted the weights so she wasn't carrying nearly as much weight as he was.

Yeri easily brought the bars together in the same way that Jungkook did. She continued to push them together and finally, Jungkook put his hand on Yeri's shoulder to get her to stop the exercise.

"Why don't we take a break?" Jungkook said in a warm voice.

"A break?" Namjoon asked as he walked past the pair. "I haven't even started."

Jungkook simply ignored him as the pair moved to the ground and Yeri sipped on some water. Jungkook stared at her which made her wonder why he was.

"Did you forget water?" Yeri asked, offering him the bottle which he quickly declined.

"I'm just admiring your beauty." Jungkook said easily which made Yeri's cheeks run hot. Even though no one was close enough to hear, it still made Yeri nervous how he said it so freely.

She gently hit him on his arm. "You shouldn't say that."

Jungkook held his face in his hand and smiled. "Why not? It's the truth."

Yeri didn't do anything, not knowing how to reply to the compliment. She has been complimented by people before, many of times but there was something very different about it coming from Jungkook. The thought of him liking her was still foreign to her and she didn't know how to handle the situation.

"Do you have any schedules for the rest of the day?" Yeri asked, her own schedule bouncing through her mind.

Jungkook simply shook his head. "I don't think so. Other than practicing for the performance."

Yeri was instantly remembered of practice. She hissed quietly and but the inside of her cheek to hide her emotions.

But she wasn't nearly as good at it as she thought. "What's wrong?" Jungkook asked her, putting his hand on her knee. The others weren't even glancing at them so there would be no way they would see the sudden physical contact.

"I'm getting my hair dyed for our comeback today." Yeri explained, touching her chocolate brown ends in her pony tail. "I totally forgot about practicing so I don't know if I can go."

Jungkook nodded, understanding the situation of scheduling conflicts. "It's fine, Yeri. Our performance is tomorrow and we are ready."

Yeri simply nodded, the pit on her stomach not having any signs of going away. She felt terrible for leaving her team hanging for such a silly thing as dying her hair.

"What color are you dying it?" Jungkook asked, trying to get Yeri's mind off of the fact that she was missing practice.

"Blonde." Yeri started like a little kid.

"Like how blonde?" Jungkook asked, trying to picture her with blonde hair.

"Like Yoona in 'Party' blonde." Yeri explained, trying to envision herself with the blonde hair, but she just couldn't.

Jungkook's mouth made a small 'o' which made Yeri nervous. "It probably will look bad, won't it?"

Jungkook quickly shook his head. "Not at all. It is just a big change, right?"

Yeri nodded, somewhat scared of what she would end up looking like with her new blonde hair. However she had confidence that the stylists knew what they were doing and would make her confident with her own hair.

Yeri stood up in one swift movement, offering her hand to Jungkook. "Come on, let's work out."

Jungkook simply groaned and looked up at her with big eyes. "We just can't sit and talk some more?"

Yeri simply shook her head and lifted Jungkook off of the ground. The pair continued to workout with the rest of the boys and Wendy.