Slight Scare

The next morning, Vegeta awoke just before dawn as was his habit. He groaned over the stiff muscles in his back from sleeping on a couch, but a few stretches had his bones popping. He let out satisfied groan as he felt his body melt a bit in satisfaction at the release in tension. The dominant remained still on his makeshift bed to prolong the feeling of relief.

He tried to move further back down in the cushions so he could go back to sleep in the pre morning hours, but his body wasn't relaxing enough for sleep to come back to him. Realizing that he wouldn't get anymore sleep, Vegeta sat up cursing the damn couch with a yawn. Dressed in only crimson red gi pants, he relished the cool air brushing his skin as he looked around the room and swung his legs over the side of sofa.

Tarble was curled up in a ball on a rather large sofa like a cat with his tail tip just out from under the blanket flicking back and forth in his sleep. He was facing Vegeta with one of his hands balled up in a fist that blocked the view of his mouth. A small smile spread over the former prince at the cute sight, but he would rather die then ever admit that he thought that. He had an image to maintain after all.

His onyx eyes looked over to where he had tucked Trunks last night only for his heart to stop as it leapt into his throat at the sight of messy blankets and pillows. The alpha felt the beginnings of panic when he didn't see his son among the mess, and he feared the worst as his eyes darted around the room in the hope that the boy just moved to a different spot. It had happened in the past.

"Trunks?! Where are you?!" He called out as he frantically looked around the room making Tarble sit up. The beta watched the older saiyan as he tore apart the room like a man possessed. He winced as he glanced towards Kakarot's room hoping the noise hadn't woken the others. Vegeta ignored his brother as he rushed to Goten's room when his search of the sitting room turned up empty.

His hands slammed on either side of the doorframe as he peered in the room, and he cursed at the lack of cub in the darkness. His tail was bushed up as it lashed behind him as he turned around for another room. He almost tripped over his feet in his dash.

A multitude of scenarios ran through his not fully awake mind, and each one made the dominant for desperate to find Trunks. The lavender haired cub was one of the alpha's most precious treasures, and he would do anything to keep his son safe from any threat.

"What's wrong, brother?" Tarble asked through a yawn as he watched the alpha move to Kakarot's study. One of his hands was rubbing at an eye, and the beta had a kittenish look to him. A baggy navy shirt with white pants added to the cuteness factor he possessed. His own eyes were looking around the room to see if he could find the source of Vegeta's panic, and they widened when he couldn't spot his nephew.

The former prince moved to Kakarot's room to wake the other saiyans so he could have help in locating his missing cub. The fear that someone had kidnapped Trunks was growing by the second, and Vegeta wanted his son found as soon as possible. And if Trunks was missing, Goten might be as well. He pushed open the door while opening his mouth, but he froze when his eyes landed on the bed.

Trunks and Goten were curled up together on the bed with Kakarot's arms wrapped around the two of them protectively. All three had small smiles on their faces as they slept completely unaware of the panic caused by the lavender haired boy's absence from his father's eyes. Three different trills of purrs could be heard from the pile that showed contentment.

"Thank the Gods...He's safe," Vegeta muttered as he placed a hand over his frantically beating heart in an attempt to calm it now that his son was found. The alpha sagged against the doorframe as he continued to watch over the sleeping forms on the bed content.

The younger prince rushed up beside his brother to look at what caused the dominant to almost collapse like a puppet that had its strings cut, and he smiled at the sight. He was just as relieved as Vegeta when he saw Trunks in the safety of Kakarot's room. The smaller beta had become very attached to his nephew as soon as he saw the boy.