Good Dream

Bright light and green grass greeted Goku when he opened his eyes. He blinked a few times as he sat up on a patch of really soft moss. Fabric brushed against his chest and he looked down to see his dark blue pants and grey top from home, and his wrists were free of those hated cuffs. The light sparkled off a body of water just a few feet from where he was laying. He took in his surroundings and the beta's breath hitched.

It was the lake...the lake on Earth where Vegeta marked him. That day seemed like it happened a lifetime ago, but he was so happy it happened despite the bumpy road he's been on.

What was he doing here?

"Karo?"

The submissive stiffened before his head snapped to the side, and he couldn't believe his eyes. There stood Vegeta in his crimson sleep pants with a confused look on his face.

"G-Geta?" Goku's hand flew to his throat when words actually came out, but he quickly forgot about his supposed muteness as he flung himself at his mate.

The alpha was knocked over and the pair tumbled to the grass. In the end, the prince was splayed flat on his back with his mate sobbing in the crook of his neck. Immediately, his arms came around to hold Goku as Vegeta tried to help calm him down.

"I'm here, Karo. Shh." One hand buried itself in wild black spikes while the other caressed the beta's back. A chestnut tail twined around Goku's waist as the dominant held on tighter with every hitch of breath he could hear.

"Geta...please t-tell me you're real. Please, don't l-let this be j-just a dream." Goku tried to pull himself even closer to his strong and protective alpha.

"Karo, as much as we wish it, we both know this is just a dream." Vegeta said sadly as he nuzzled his mate.

"But I want it to be real." Goku finally calmed some and curled against his mate and breathed deep the smell of cloves. "It hurts so much, Geta, I need you." Vegeta's hand massaged the beta's scalp, and they shifted to both lay curled together in the soft moss. His black tail latched onto his mate's waist surprising the beta for a second before he whined miserably in his throat. Geta was right, it was all just a dream.

"I know, Karo." The prince tucked his mate's head under his chin and simply held him. "God I miss you, its like I have a hole in my chest."

"I want to go home, Geta." Goku whimpered. "I want to be with you and the cubs! I want to hold my baby. Geta....I'm so tired of hurting and the way she treats me."

"Just hold on a little longer, Karo." Vegeta soothed lifting Goku's face to meet his. "I'm coming for you. So are your father and Gohan. We're almost there, love. You just need to hold on. I am going to bring you home and kill anyone who gets in my way. Please don't give up, Karo." He kissed Goku and the beta felt himself melt.

Just feeling the emotions in that simple press of lips had the submissive's eyes watering. He pressed as close to the older man as he could, and Goku sighed when Vegeta pulled back. The beta licked his lips to savor the taste of his mate.

"How did you do it?" He looked at the alpha as he rested his head on a muscular chest. "How did you survive under Frieza's control?"

The prince let his head fall back on the moss as he thought about it. His hand threaded through black hair and his nails lightly scratched at Goku's scalp drawing a deep purr from his mate as he nuzzled into his touch.

"For one thing, I wasn't alone. I had Nappa and Raditz with me, and all of us looked out for the other." His brow furrowed as he thought back over those dark years. "Besides that...I did something I never want you to do."